Kb 2.2 Help!

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
This weekend started out early Saturday morning with a thrash to get the Cobra cleaned for a car show and be there by 8:30 am. Got it clean and left the house. About a mile down the road from the house, a high pitch squeal then some grinding. I stoped right away and opened the hood and it seems it is comming from the blowzilla. The blower is nearly 3 years old, but only has about 15k miles on it. It has been beat on some of course, but not every weekend on the track like some cars. Anyway the blower is still turning, but just making a noise like it has marbles in the case. I am going to pull the belt today and see if it still does it. That will tell me for sure if it is the blower. Anyone else have this happen before? Any idea on a rebuild cost form KB?

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
There is still boost registering on the gauge, if that is what you asking. But the KB has been on there for 3 years and i have never heard this noise before. It really does sound like a marble in there. I took the belt off yesterday and started it up, the engine runs and sounds as it is suppose to. I turned the KB by hand and even slow like that, it did not sound right.

cyac5l8trfcar

Cubs>Sox
Established Member
doesn't the plastic coupler go bad in those allot? I know my friends L went through 2 in a year and it takes KB forever to send 'em out.

Users who are viewing this thread