KB 2.2 17psi or 19 psi?

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
Hi guys just bought a used KB 2.2 and I will be installing it soon. The blower has a 17lb pulley on it but it came with a 19lb pulley too. Which one should I go with? Should I keep the 17lb on and see what happens or just go straight to the 19lb pulley? I'm shooting for 600rwhp, is 17lbs enough? Also has anyone heard of any problems running a JLT CAI with the KB? Thanks everyone.

Mods: LT's,X-pipe w/cats, Magnaflow CB, JLT CAI, 60lb injectors,Accufab SB, KB BAP, SCT 2800 MAF, and SCT 2 tuner.

Busta1

Established Member
Depends, 93 octane I assume. Just get a good tune with either of them. No problems w/ the JLT that's what I use. Personally I'd just roll with 17lbs on a good 93 octane tune. Then get another pulley for around 22/23lbs and get a race tune.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
w/ 19 i suspect you will need a BAP, Upgraded MAF, and #60 Injectors. I'd personally use 17 as your 93 octane daily tune, and the 19 for the race gas. I have the same blower w/ the almost the very same configuration

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
Sounds good, I will be going to PSI to get tuned. Sorry for asking you so many questions it's just we have a similiar setup and in the same area. Did you do the head cooling mod and what tires you using to hold everything?

Busta1

Established Member
I have the same as you 60's and BAP for my KB at 23lbs. You should be fine just log it.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Sounds good, I will be going to PSI to get tuned. Sorry for asking you so many questions it's just we have a similiar setup and in the same area. Did you do the head cooling mod and what tires you using to hold everything?
I have a head cooling mod and much more. I am using Hoosier 335/15/17's to hold it down currently :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread