Katzkin Leather upgrade check it out!!!

Nuar

Established Member
LOVE the black and red!!

How much was the leather itself minus the labor??

Looks so nice man! The ponies in the backs look awesome too!

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Old thread I know, but this one inspired me to buy some new Katzkin on Ebay today to replace the cloth in my base. I normally would not go for leather but I have three dogs. Even though they do not go in the car, their hair does and it is nearly impossible to get fully off the seats. I paid $575 shipped for the entire leather set in black. Now to find a decently priced installer.

helli217

Established Member
Old thread I know, but this one inspired me to buy some new Katzkin on Ebay today to replace the cloth in my base. I normally would not go for leather but I have three dogs. Even though they do not go in the car, their hair does and it is nearly impossible to get fully off the seats. I paid $575 shipped for the entire leather set in black. Now to find a decently priced installer.

Install yourself. Serious. Even if you need hog-ring pliers, (about $25.00 for a good set plus a pack of hog rings on amazon) you can probably do just as good of a job as most shops. Use a hair dryer to heat the leather for smoothing. Why pay someone hundreds for something you can have the pride of saying you did yourself on a Saturday....for free? If you can use basic hand tools, you can install these seat covers. I have a 2011 GT/CS, and the interior is mint...but the faux carbon fiber leather is cheesey to me. I may upgrade to some katskin.

OP-Seats look great!:rockon:

madscotsman

Established Member
I'm assuming there are different levels of trim from Katzkin? Every Ebay Auction I have seen for these, always has this comment as if they copied the text directly from Katzkin's website:

"These leather interior packages are sold in a combination of leather and matching vinyl."

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I'm assuming there are different levels of trim from Katzkin? Every Ebay Auction I have seen for these, always has this comment as if they copied the text directly from Katzkin's website:

"These leather interior packages are sold in a combination of leather and matching vinyl."

You can get half and half to save money, i went with 100% leather.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Install yourself. Serious. Even if you need hog-ring pliers, (about $25.00 for a good set plus a pack of hog rings on amazon) you can probably do just as good of a job as most shops. Use a hair dryer to heat the leather for smoothing. Why pay someone hundreds for something you can have the pride of saying you did yourself on a Saturday....for free? If you can use basic hand tools, you can install these seat covers. I have a 2011 GT/CS, and the interior is mint...but the faux carbon fiber leather is cheesey to me. I may upgrade to some katskin.

OP-Seats look great!:rockon:
I got lucky and made a trade for the labor. I have a 97 Cobra intake setup sitting in a closet taking up space, a guy I know who is a Ford tech and does interior work on the side needs it for a Fox 4.6 DOHC swap he is doing.HE gets the parts he needs, I get my leather installed and my closet space back. It should be installed next weekend. Win/win.

Users who are viewing this thread