Karen turns $80 ticket into a felony

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Please do yourself a favor and do some research on the LEO Use of Force Continuum. The officer in this video followed it perfectly. Have a nice day.

And therein lies the problem with law enforcement today.

588738a1cb6dc36d0db18b2e5c6d24ef.jpg

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Nice meme. You are really showing your bias if you are pretending the two cases are similar.

Your post is meant to invoke emotion, perhaps garner some anti-cop group think, without applying logic or principle to the discussion at hand. Only those unwilling to think for themselves, or who come as cop haters, will believe it applies to the original video about which this thread was made.

Tezz500

Established Member
Nice meme. You are really showing your bias if you are pretending the two cases are similar.

Your post is meant to invoke emotion, perhaps garner some anti-cop group think, without applying logic or principle to the discussion at hand. Only those unwilling to think for themselves, or who come as cop haters, will believe it applies to the original video about which this thread was made.

How are facts bias?

Tezz500

Established Member

You’re input is oddly absent from the other thread about this man being murdered by Cops...

Backing that Blue line eh? Good man.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
this “meme” on this thread severely devalues that poor man’s life and trivializes that pig’s actions.
Does it though? It seems pretty damn spot on to me. Taking this instance (Karen) and what happened to Mr. Floyd helps put a spot light on the fact that petty ass BS is reason for law enforcement to **** up someone life. That shit needs to change.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Karen and Floyd scenarios are VERY different. Karen drew the consequences of her actions. Once she stopped doing stupid shit. She was treated with dignity. That was not the case for Floyd. Very different circumstances.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Karen and Floyd scenarios are VERY different. Karen drew the consequences of her actions. Once she stopped doing stupid shit. She was treated with dignity. That was not the case for Floyd. Very different circumstances.
Once she said "fine, I'll sign the ticket", it should have been over with. But no, the "continuum" dictates strict rigidity and that questions not be asked.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Once she said "fine, I'll sign the ticket", it should have been over with. But no, the "continuum" dictates strict rigidity and that questions not be asked.

doesnt work like that. At that point she had already resisted arrest and was non compliant. She doesn’t get to act like that without consequence.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
If Karen’s ancient 147yo heart gave out from being tased by 50k volts..... I bet we’d have a much different spin on this story wouldn’t we?

nope. That would be on her and her shitty behavior / decision making.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The meme itself does, I agree. But it loses strength in this thread, since Karen earned her due.
How do you know dude didnt deserve what he got? Could be exactly the same depending how it all started.

MG0h3

Established Member
How do you know dude didnt deserve what he got? Could be exactly the same depending how it all started.

No. Once the subject is cuffed/subdued, the level of force needs to de escalate. What the subject did leading up to being subdued is irrelevant.

“You’re full of $#!+”
Joe Biden

svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it brings to light the current situation with law enforcement and how easily cops are defended for doing such stupid shit.

Except no one is defending the cops in Minneapolis.

Your drawing of a false equivalence to two circumstances that are vastly different both trivializes the Minneapolis incident and exaggerates the Karen video.

Paralleling both incidents makes you sound like a dogmatic ideologue which weakens your arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
Comparing the actions of the officers in this Karen video with the (apparent) action of the officers in Minneapolis has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read. I'll hold your hand a minute and point out just one of the million important distinctions.

1) The officer in the Karen video escalated force at each step appropriate to the actions of the subject. Then, he deescalated when appropriate. For example, when she ran in her vehicle, he had to assume something else might be going on, so he drew his gun when he caught her. . . a very appropriate response (officer safety 101).

But, he then deescalated back to his intermediate weapon (taser) when it was clear deadly force would not be needed. Then, he quit tazing her when she quit ACTIVELY resisting, and he used an appropriate amount of hands-on force to put her in cuffs because she was still PASSIVELY resisting (i.e. not complying to commands) at that point. Situation resolved with no long term physical harm to the subject. The officer did everything right.

2) As MhOh3 points out above, the Minneapolis officers should have deescalated their force once the subject was subdued, i.e. relieved the pressure on his back, which is a common technique used for actively resisting subjects. Further, they made a second and crucial mistake by applying deadly force (knee to the neck area) when lethal force was by no means required.

I doubt the officer was trying to kill him, but he is responsible for the mistake. And, the manner in which this mistake was made was particularly shocking and likely won't be forgiven by law or society. Depending on how the laws are written in Minnesota, he will likely be charged with murder and plea to manslaughter - and see significant prison time.​

Class dismissed. Dumbass.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

you have 2 different points here...

1) when I saw the video, I thought to myself, that cop straight up executed that dude.. guy had to have committed some sort of heinous crime, right? But watching / listening the “perp” AND crowd plead for his life, as well as the cop’s body language and his intent of inflicting immediate harm to a dude that was on the ground, cuffed, under control, not resisting at all, with back up / total control of the scene. Then the details came out... the crime? allegedly using counterfeit money. Nope, didn’t deserve that. Not even close. Not at all.

2). Comparing this to Karen’s ordeal... not anywhere close to the same deal. Karen got what she got because she continuously escalated the situation. She was fighting the cop. George Floyd on the other hand was not. Notice how after Karen stopped fighting, cop showed concern for her well being and made sure that she was okay. That was the complete opposite of what took place with George Floyd.

Users who are viewing this thread