Kansas City peeps...

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
How does your L or mustang do in the KC winters? Do they keep the roads decent when the weather gets bad or is it a disaster there? I am just scheming on things I could/might do and need to know if I can get around with 2wd.

Later,
Michael

203Cree

Established Member
yeah, it's possible. If you're gonna be up in OP, they usually keep that area pretty straight. It might not be a bad idea to get a front drive beater tho, cuz sometimes they have troubles keeping up. as for how my L does, well, lets just say where I'm at it's easier to just drive the accord. If I put some snows on her, I'd be allright, but that's more effort than I'm willing to put in for a four mile drive.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
just curious.

when I get to kc, I'd like to take a ride in your L. I've only driven one once on a test drive about a year ago but couldn't get on it. It was stock but the dealership had shoved it full of 87 octane and it sounded like spoons in a metal lunchbox under boost.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
There is a NMRA race and show at KCIR in July (8th,9th and 10th)....you should try to check it out TrueBlueGT.....a good chance to meet a bunch of the Mustang/Cobra owners in the area.....

POP TOP

Banned
You will be ok, like Cree said the roads are pretty well maintained. Hit us up when you get here.

WashburnGT

Established Member
As pretty much everyone has said...the main roads around the KC Metro area will be ok. During heavy snow they tend to ignore the side streets. Im sure it's like that in other areas as well. I got a set of all-seasons to go on my GT for winter...not as good as winter tires...but half the cost. They really help me out.
I was told by a tire guy that Continental ( I think) makes a snow tire specifically designed for "Mid-West winters" I cant remember what its called or anything...jsut that Im pretty sure it's made by Continental.
BTW welcome to "Rice World: where every teenager lives his life a quarter-mile at a time..."

240_Bullitt

Ford Tech
Established Member
the ricers do get bad out there...i never had any trouble with my mustang in the snow...i was getting around ppl in 4wd trucks because they didnt know how to drive in it...but its not bad if it hits at night because they will have it cleaned pretty quick...ill be back in olathe in august after i graduate from uti in phoenix

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
I had problems in old GT, i live in a newer sub division in KC so they dont plow for crap. Other than that main roads and highways are pretty good most of the time. I have seen some pretty rediculous ricers lately. Last night i saw a civic on hydrolix(spelling) all black with blue neons, blue taillights, and driving lights, and dont forget the black light in the inside. He was a winner.

POP TOP

Banned
The car wash at 135th & Blackbob in Olathe is the official ricer hangout. I swear every time I got there washing my car, minding my own business they show up by the dozen spinning wet tires all the way. I guess I need a new car wash!

203Cree

Established Member
I remember how much rice there was last time I went up there, on our way to Lee Summit. That was ridiculous. You got any plans this weekend? MKLO's getting together if you don't. Drop me a line bro.

POP TOP

Banned
Hey give me call later today, I get out of class around 6:30. We have some cruise options this weekend.

203Cree

Established Member
yeah, they do. Not as much as they used to, but once in awhile you'll still see some people out there.

Users who are viewing this thread