K&N Valve Covers Breathers!

Apicia

Established Member
Which K&N valve cover breather works best with our Cobras? I want to order a pair of these, but don't know what size nipple/filter is the consensus choice. Are both sides the same grommet diameter?

Here is the K&N crankcase vent filter list:

K&N Crankcase Vent Filters - SummitRacing.com

Apicia

Established Member
Bump, also going to order a replacement 4x10 high velocity filter, but I have no idea what size valve cover filters to order. Any help?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
you want the 3/4 inch push in K&N breathers, the round tube piece slides right into the rubber grommet!
svtcobra048.jpg

BBCOBRA

Established Member
you may also want to verify your tune after installing these. This can and probably will change your air fuel mixture.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
What is the purpose of these?? :shrug:

search on the pvc filters and and you'll find lots of threads on the forums. The purpose is to eliminate oil from contaminating the intercooler on the drivers side (pcv side) and from oil being sucked in the intake on the passenger side. I just installed the JLT prefilters on mine to help this. You can and alot of people do use these filters but it needs to be tuned for it.

Apicia

Established Member
I deleted my PCV and EGR. I had one filter on the passenger side and the PCV hooked up. There was unmetered air in the system. Plus, there was oil in my Whipple inlet. PCV and EGR delete, new throttle body, and now a retune!

Thanks for those filter recommendations SVTP.

Users who are viewing this thread