K&N FIPK Question...

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Originally posted by Rudy
my car dynoed 367 bone stock. and after the k&n fipk and magnaflow catback it dynoed 411 std.

Rudy, we must have twins. I have the same setup and got the same exact numbers as you......hello brother.....:beer: :burnout: :rockon:

03snakerush

Established Member
HELP!!!

O.K. I'm convinced. I'm going with the K&N FIPK but where did you guys get yours from? Best price or service? By the way- I've been using the DENSECHARGER system for a while but access to the filter is a pain and the filter itself is not c.a.r.b. legal( says right on the k&n box that came with it "for marine use only") If I get pulled over here in good old California for playing fast, I dont need the cop playing judge & jury for my performance mods....Anyway, sorry. Off track-Where to get the FIPK? Thanks!

03snakerush

Established Member
Thanks BHARTMAN- what a cool website and free shipping on the K&N too:beer: I'll probably order it and some other goodies.

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Improving the Cobra's air intake is THE key for getting to our engine's max performance. Last year, someone posted a private interview he had with one of the Romeo engine plant managers. This guy worked with the SC Cobra engines.

He said that the best area to target for the most bang for the buck is the air intake. Other things can be done to improve the output, but nothing can beat the gain versus dollars spent like the air intake area.

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:

whtsnake03

Established Member
The filter that came with my K&N said "For marine use only" on the filter box. But it also came with a C.A.R.B. sticker.

I got mine at AJUSA.

kj385

Established Member
Anybody know the replacement part # for the air filter in the 03-04 FIPK kit? I'd like to have a spare on hand to use so I don't have to clean it right away.

MP3_Stang

LabVIEW Guru
Established Member
AJUSA it for $ 169.00 and free shipping and has a coupon code now.

Enter promo code GIFT4U at checkout to get discount.
$5 off total purchases of $50 - $99.99
$10 off total purchases of $100 - $199.99
$20 off total purchases of $200 - $299.99
$30 off total purchases of $300 or more
Offer not available on A'PEXi, Borla and Optima products. Don't delay, this offer expires June 30, 2004.

So its $159 shipped after coupon!

03Cobra745

Originally posted by SVTRocket
I had a V-6 Mustang with a MAC CAI. The loud sucking during A/C cycles was a little annoying.

Anyone experience this with your Cobra K&N FIPK?

All I hear is that SWEET SC sound! :burnout:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
my bad, I guess I will go with AJUSA. Is there a difference between a FIPK and the "air charger" system. I have seen them with box like shield and a half moon type shield. Which one is the good one. Is it like the picture on this forum. Thanks

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
...Which one is the good one. Is it like the picture on this forum. Thanks
Yep, K&N Part # 57-2545

Newb helpin' out already. :rockon:

s/c'd-N-socal.

Established Member
hello all,

definitely go with socal. i talked with john earlier this week and he said he was going to vegas for a show. give him a call at 714-724-7978 and he'll get you better pricing than ajusa. make sure you tell him that you are an svtperformance member.

talk to you all soon,

amy

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
ah too late, I ordered with AJUSA, with that promo code, I ordered a K&N for the wifes car and I still walked out for 189 shipped to my door. Hell of a deal. Thanks all

KOOY

Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
ah too late, I ordered with AJUSA, with that promo code, I ordered a K&N for the wifes car and I still walked out for 189 shipped to my door. Hell of a deal. Thanks all

Isn't that supposed to be 159 after the $10 coupon?

Users who are viewing this thread