Just wondering who is the longest member here?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I've been lurking around here since '01. Bought the R in '99.

I do remember you from back in those days along with Doc and I lived close by to NJ2000R who is not around here anymore. I had a 93 Cobra R and sold it to R-CODE who is still a member here. I also had a 95 Cobra R that is how I remember Doc. My Cobra R's are both in the SVT Cobra recognition guide. I worked with Tom Shreiner(RIP) on the book taking pics of my 93R for the guide. I used see Tom down at the Carlisle shows.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
While not exactly relevant to this thread, we now have Tom's 95R.

Very cool. I met Tom for the first time at Carlisle when he was showing the 95R. We became friends and he knew the collector in Pa. where I bought both my 93R and 95R. He needed pics of a 93R for the recognition guide and knew that I had the 93R so he asked if I would take the pics. He used them and gave me the photo credits in the book. It was fun to do and Tom was a great guy. Sad when I heard of his passing.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a prize or do I get an OG rating lol
You get a cold beer for your 3-1-2001 entry date.

I suspect that you bought your 93R for ~$10K? Our friend Tim got his car for about that price from the wife of the Ford dealer...She complained about getting grocery's in a car with no A/C...

It was all a long time ago, and you have kept the car since you lived in Winder, GA.

We would like the full story of owning a pristine rare Ford for almost 30 years?

93 COBRA

Established Member
I do remember you from back in those days along with Doc and I lived close by to NJ2000R who is not around here anymore. I had a 93 Cobra R and sold it to R-CODE who is still a member here. I also had a 95 Cobra R that is how I remember Doc. My Cobra R's are both in the SVT Cobra recognition guide. I worked with Tom Shreiner(RIP) on the book taking pics of my 93R for the guide. I used see Tom down at the Carlisle shows.

Tom photographed my car for what was going to be the second edition of the SVT recognition guide, sadly he passed before the book could get published. We spent the whole day at Mark Wilson's home and used his hoist to document all the markings.

Leo "R-CODE" lives near me. He had the car for sale last I heard, not sure if it sold.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Tom photographed my car for what was going to be the second edition of the SVT recognition guide, sadly he passed before the book could get published. We spent the whole day at Mark Wilson's home and used his hoist to document all the markings.

Leo "R-CODE" lives near me. He had the car for sale last I heard, not sure if it sold.

Thanks Steve for the story with Tom. While he did not live close to me about 3 hours I would see him at events back in the day mostly at Carlisle. It was sad when he passed.

Last time I spoke to Leo a few months ago he had sold the 93R and was waiting for it to be picked up. Have not spoken to him in a while to see if he picked up anything new or old. He owned my old 93R for a long time.

Thanks, Steve C.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Joined back in 2002 when I bought my special 94 “R” car from Craig Barker of SVT/Roush....currently own an 03 DSG Terminator. Miss that R car though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think Steve and Mark are 2nd and 3rd to 1993R (3-1-01).

I've been wondering what happened to 1993 Cobra R #2 that went to Danny Hall? Cool number. I guess #1 is in a Ford museum?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
CA9C2066-8D20-4AA4-8937-99913B2B5ACA.jpeg
CABB6375-BB76-4E1F-A0CD-5D0C600D7B2C.jpeg
AA8EF689-3C94-49E9-B4C7-0B1BECBADF15.jpeg
8A9A73A3-FA5E-4D71-ACED-67FB37700FBB.jpeg
Yes, Ford has number 1 of the 93,95,and 00.

Users who are viewing this thread