Just wanting to double check my 26 spline input shaft install

JDUB348

Established Member
Ok so i just finished up torquing down everything. I'm getting very little to no end play. I can pull on it as hard as i can and the largest reading i was getting was .001 for end play. The input shaft spins freely in both directions with a small amount of side to side play. Do you all think i'm good to go? Input shaft is a Tremec 26 spline.

I followed what the user in the 2nd post in this thread did:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/902440-t56-input-shaft-end-play.html

I installed a .042 shim instead of the stock shim. I have the same exact setup as that guy, so i figured more then likely it would also work for me. Ill quote his post incase some body doesnt want to click:

2001asp:
"I had to go from a .038 to a .042. I put all my weight up and down. The shaft still spins freely, but virtually no in and out movement. To me, I did set up the guage and measured the in and out movement and found that you could get tons of different outcomes depending on how hard you yanked on the shaft. Promotion told me their secret and I went with that. .038 to the .042 and call it a day. Every car is different. The shaft I bought was a Tremec 26 spline."

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
Sounds right! I had .0005 movement on mine with the same shim(i believe, cant remember perfectly but that sounds very familiar). I would aim for somewhere between .0005 and .001 and i'd say you're right where you need to be.

Users who are viewing this thread