Just wanna give thanks to LRS for standing behind their producst

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I had purchased an aftermarket 87-93 throttle cable back in January for my car and just got around to being able to drive the car. After a quick datalog I realized I'm not getting W.O.T. and am only seeing 3.76 volts on the tps. Pulled the discharge tube and noticed the tb is only opening 2/3 of the way. Manually opened the tb and it would still bottom out only allowing it to open 70%, so I disconnected the throttle Cable and voila, Tb opens 100%. I came to realize the aftermarket cable does not have enough travel to open the tb all the way. The button hits the sheath on the cable, which limits the travel to about 3/4" less than needed. After logging on Corral, there was a recent thread started with other guys having the same issue.

Anyhow, I called LRS not expecting anything but just wanted to know my options, and before I got off the phone I already had a refund authorization and return shipping label in my inbox. You guys have gone above and beyond what I expected and great customer service like this is why I will always use LRS for parts.

Thank you guys.

Now I have to track down an OEM cable :nonono:

Landan@Latemodel

Established Member
Blown_By_You,

I am sorry for the misfortune with the throttle cable. However, I am glad our sales team jumped into action and took care of you.

Thanks a million for your generous feedback and of course your business! :beer:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Blown_By_You,

I am sorry for the misfortune with the throttle cable. However, I am glad our sales team jumped into action and took care of you.

Thanks a million for your generous feedback and of course your business! :beer:

I ended up ordering a used OE cable on Ebay and waited until it arrived before sending the Pioneer cable back.
Both cables are 36" end to end, but the OE Cable has 1-7/8" of travel while the Pioneer Cable only has 1-1/8" of travel. The Pioneer also required me to space out the gas pedal and the oe cable has zero slack at all. All measurements were taken off of the car. I hope you guys can put some pressure on the manufacturer to remedy the problem because there are many guys out there that would like the ability to purchase a NEW cable

Users who are viewing this thread