Just venting about my living arrangements...

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
OK OK, I got it relatively pretty good...renting a house where I've got a 2 car garage, pretty good sized living spaces, 2 BR 1 BA, just bought a cherry dining suite and a new mahogany BR suite, and a new LCD TV. SAC no payments on the furniture and the TV, and I'm paying cash for school at about $1500 a month, so financially speaking I only have about $500 a month left over ($125 a week for incidentals). I had everything worked out to a T I tellya...$750 a month for renting a 1500 sq ft living space house in west Nashville really ain't bad.

However.

I've been putting off laundry for around 3 weeks (I have a LOT of clothes). I pull in the garage today and I find the washer/dryer missing. GONE. Mind you, I had rented the place and asked the landlord about the washer/dryer specifically and he just said "you can use those" and then changed the subject. My Dad was standing there and he heard the same thing, and we talked about it on the way home that day about how we didn't get a straight answer...

So I go over to talk to the landlord and she said that they belonged to the guy that lived there before and he came and got them. Well, HELLO, thanks for telling me dammit...I said I asked her about them specifically and she said when she advertised she only stated "W/D hookups" and no washer and dryer is included. I never saw an advert, I only saw a "FOR RENT" sign in the front yard when I came over here to look, so that wasn't true either. She then said that her brother in law deals in used appliances and she could buy a set for me and then I could pay her "whenever". Of course my suspicion is that this "brokering" would not be free, so I declined.

My point is...there are 2 types of lying. Omission and COmission. This was lying by Omission. We asked specifically about the W/D and we *should* have been told that they did *not* come with the house, and they belonged to someone else and they would be coming to pick them up in a few weeks. IOW, they used somebody else's W/D to sell the property and then took them away after a lease had been signed.

Of course their story could be a bunch of BS and they sold the W/D to help cover some bills. I asked a specific question and said "is there anything else that needs to shake out about the house", meaning is there going to be any more surprises, and she stated "no" unequivocally.

What chaps my ass most about all this is that they seem to be nice people on the surface but they do whatever the f\/ck they want to when I am not here during the day, or the weeks that I am not here when I am traveling on business...like the day that I discovered they entered my domicile without providing proper notice as stated in the lease.

I am thinking that I need to put up motion activated security cameras that are separately addressable and will send me photos when anything moves inside the house when I am not there.

Just wanted to vent...it sucks when your space that you thought was yours, really isn't. :bash: :bash: :bash:

bp03svt

Established Member
That does suck man. The thing about it is, if you rent, it isn't really yours. I do think they should not come into your place without giving you proper notice though, that's f@#ked up. Other than the w/d situation and them coming in, it sounds like a killer place bro. I know those things make it seem like a bad decision though. Hope you get it straightened out.

Steeltwo

Established Member
linksys makes a wireless camera that will email you and what not.

it's 200 bones and can be setup anywhere in a 802.11x network.

it can use encryption and mac filtering incase you need the security.

Users who are viewing this thread