Just tryin to get more opinions on Kenne Bell

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I made a post before and I’m sorry if it is redundant, but i was very much hoping to get more info on your setups and opinions on my newly bought and refurbished Kenne Bell 2.2. I also then realized on past posts i and wasn’t very clear on my whole setup that i will have now after i install the KB 2.2.

My main question is heat. After reading so much about heat issues with these now I’m questioning even installing it, but what sucks is that this is the blower i always wanted based on looks, power, and especially the sound. So if i could get more opinions and people to comment on if you guys think I’ll be ok with running this on my car I’d really appreciate it. I’ll list below every thing i have going into this new setup.

- MAC Ceramic Longtubes
- Lethal Budget return style fuel system with dual 340’s
- AFCO DP HE
- Ford Performance intercooler pump
- Canton intercooler tank ( small one)
- 60 lb injectors
- Stock Lower pulley
- 170 degree thermostat
- and the blower has a 3” pulley which KB says will be 17 lbs boost

With all that listed above do you all think I’ll have a heat problem with this KB 2.2 outside of it running hot normally?

I don’t race , and I’m staying 93 octane pump gas.
I’m just a 45 year old wanting to have my weekend getaway cruiser . What do you guys think on the heat part? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
IMO you're way overthinking things. You're not after max power. You got the blower you've been wanting forever. Just install it and drive it. I doubt you'll notice an issue. Just be smart. If it gets hot don't beat on it. Which goes for any set up.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Every blower runs hot, regardless of the manufacturer. You will not even notice a difference. 17 lbs is nothing, barely in the efficiency of the blower. Put it on there and don't worry about it.

The best mod I did to keep the blower cool was to clean the intercooler under the blower from all the oil, delete the PCV crap, add VC breathers and plug the lower intake port. No more oil to gunk it up. I can drive my car for hours, open the intercooler tank and stick my finger in the fluid and it is only warm to the touch.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Heat impacts how much you can spin the sucker which impacts how much boost you can run.

A KB 2.2 can run 15-19psi all day long on pump. If you are gutsy, push 21psi.

Don't try anything more without E85 or race gas.

Your mods are comparable to mine so you should be seeing 575-600whp based on boost.

If you want more, you'll need a different blower.

1611337228103_image.jpeg

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m just a 45 year old wanting to have my weekend getaway cruiser . What do you guys think on the heat part? Thanks guys

I'll throw this out there. Its a street car, a little bit of heat soak is fine and WILL happen.
I've had nothing but street cars and every different blower brand (except KB).

Is the 2.2 KB the right blower for Mr. X who wants to maximize 1/4 mile time? No

Different blowers and cars for different needs

Bolt it up tune it and enjoy.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I made a post before and I’m sorry if it is redundant, but i was very much hoping to get more info on your setups and opinions on my newly bought and refurbished Kenne Bell 2.2. I also then realized on past posts i and wasn’t very clear on my whole setup that i will have now after i install the KB 2.2.

My main question is heat. After reading so much about heat issues with these now I’m questioning even installing it, but what sucks is that this is the blower i always wanted based on looks, power, and especially the sound. So if i could get more opinions and people to comment on if you guys think I’ll be ok with running this on my car I’d really appreciate it. I’ll list below every thing i have going into this new setup.

- MAC Ceramic Longtubes
- Lethal Budget return style fuel system with dual 340’s
- AFCO DP HE
- Ford Performance intercooler pump
- Canton intercooler tank ( small one)
- 60 lb injectors
- Stock Lower pulley
- 170 degree thermostat
- and the blower has a 3” pulley which KB says will be 17 lbs boost

With all that listed above do you all think I’ll have a heat problem with this KB 2.2 outside of it running hot normally?

I’m just a 45 year old wanting to have my weekend getaway cruiser .
What do you guys think on the heat part? Thanks guys

You're good man.. Slap it on there and enjoy the hell out of it. You said it yourself. Its a weekend cruiser. If you were chasing low track times then of course there are better options, but for what you are going to use it for it is perfect.

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I'll throw this out there. Its a street car, a little bit of heat soak is fine and WILL happen.
I've had nothing but street cars and every different blower brand (except KB).

Is the 2.2 KB the right blower for Mr. X who wants to maximize 1/4 mile time? No

Different blowers and cars for different needs

Bolt it up tune it and enjoy.

Thanks buddy

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Every blower runs hot, regardless of the manufacturer. You will not even notice a difference. 17 lbs is nothing, barely in the efficiency of the blower. Put it on there and don't worry about it.

The best mod I did to keep the blower cool was to clean the intercooler under the blower from all the oil, delete the PCV crap, add VC breathers and plug the lower intake port. No more oil to gunk it up. I can drive my car for hours, open the intercooler tank and stick my finger in the fluid and it is only warm to the touch.

Good points ! Thank you

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Heat impacts how much you can spin the sucker which impacts how much boost you can run.

A KB 2.2 can run 15-19psi all day long on pump. If you are gutsy, push 21psi.

Don't try anything more without E85 or race gas.

Your mods are comparable to mine so you should be seeing 575-600whp based on boost.

If you want more, you'll need a different blower.

View attachment 1684805

Thanks buddy . That makes me feel better

GodStang

Established Member
I ran the 2.2L for awhile and it was a great little blower. Most of the heat issues people were seeing were guys cranking it up to 25psi with such a little blower. If you over spin it you will create heat with ANY blower. Its the laws of physics and why the manufactures have rpm ranges for the blower. If you are not going for max HP and spinning it crazy you will be fine.

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I ran the 2.2L for awhile and it was a great little blower. Most of the heat issues people were seeing were guys cranking it up to 25psi with such a little blower. If you over spin it you will create heat with ANY blower. Its the laws of physics and why the manufactures have rpm ranges for the blower. If you are not going for max HP and spinning it crazy you will be fine.

Thank you buddy. Definitely puts my mind at ease by you saying that . I always wanted one of these and i just spent over $1,000 to get it totally rebuilt. Then i started hearing about all of these heat issues and got cold feet. It has a 3” pulley on it, and i have a stock lower which KB says should be around 17 lbs of boost . I’m thinking i should be ok

UnrealSVT

Established Member
With your desired goals you will be totally fine. If it is positive displacement, it will get hot. Any of the worries you may have towards the heat, you can slowly dissipate with the proper cooling modifications. If you were pushing for 800+whp, you would get much different answers in here and it may be time for a more efficient blower. And don't sweat the overthinking. It just shows you're doing your research thoroughly. I do the same thing, my friend. You will be totally fine! And have the loudest most distinct blower sound out there.

Enjoy the car!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nervouswreck

Established Member
With your desired goals you will be totally fine. If it is positive displacement, it will get hot. Any of the worries you may have towards the heat, you can slowly dissipate with the proper cooling modifications. If you were pushing for 800+whp, you would get much different answers in here and it may be time for a more efficient blower. And don't sweat the overthinking. It just shows you're doing your research thoroughly. I do the same thing, my friend. You will be totally fine! And have the loudest most distinct blower sound out there.

Enjoy the car!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks brother

Users who are viewing this thread