JUSt swapped out a IRS

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
well me and my dad just got done swapping a IRS out of a buddys cobra and put the solid outta my GT, after it was all said and done it wasnt to bad of a swap the IRS came out wayyy out easier then i thought it was gonna be.

car mods K&N filter o/r X and flowmasters

we just test drove the can now that it has 3.73s and i think they are the 100%perfect gear for the car there is no bog or wait in any gear it just moves out

on the bad note the ride and handling are just not the same:nonono:

too bad i love the IRS in my car :beer:

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
congrats...you'll never miss the solid...IRS swap was the best thing i've ever done to my car...

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Yeah I have both and I'll tell you IRS>SRA any day of the week. Although I like not having to worry about the built rear in my solid and I am more mindful of breaking the IRS.

Also before anyone comes in here telling me you're crazy, my SRA in my 98 Cobra is completely built and has LOADS of suspension/chassis upgrades on it as well as a panhard setup. The 04 has a lot of suspension/chassis but just handles a hell of a lot better then the 98. Both cars have a T2R racing differential which also helps the handling and traction.

I do however like being able to drive both variations as they have they pros and cons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread