Just rolled 180,000 miles in my 08

mikes35

Established Member
Although these are not all my miles I think it's a good testament about the build quality of this car. I bought the car with high mileage thinking I can drive it and not worry about keeping it pristine. It's not my daily driver since I have to use my work car when traveling but when I'm in town I drive it daily, so I guess you could call it my semi-daily driver. I live 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway so it gets a work out on the winding parkway roads headed to Mount Pisgah and the Pisgah Inn Restaurant multiple times a year. I haven't driven a new GT500 but I can't imagine it running any better than mine. I have no plans to retire this car as it's just too much fun to drive! I've got a 67 Fastback I am turning into a Shelby GT350 recreation that's been an 8 year project, my 08 gives me my fix and keeps me motivated to get the 67 on the road. In the last year I added a VMP pulley, idler and tune plus a Steeda CAI (at 178,000 miles.) Yep, it's a driver. Anyone else close to this many miles?

IMG_9497.jpg

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
THAT sir, is impressive. Mr Shelby definitely wanted his cars to be driven, and you've done the man proud. Im definitely not close, but she'll end up being a driver.

These are definitely well built and engineered cars without a doubt!

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Wow that’s some serious mileage! Any issues you know of with engine/trans replaced or repaired during that time? I daily drive my 2013 but only have 16k currently. Will go up ~ 8k per year until I can retire it to weekend only toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Any issues along the way to that milage?

I think the usual issues are just Alternators and maybe the blower if not maintained (i.e Fluid flushed etc) but from what I have seen/owned they really do not break much especially his being Stock until 2k miles ago.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I think the usual issues are just Alternators and maybe the blower if not maintained (i.e Fluid flushed etc) but from what I have seen/owned they really do not break much especially his being Stock until 2k miles ago.
Oh yeah i went through 3 stock alts. Finally said screw it and went with a nation's alt. Been good since

mikes35

Established Member
I'm not sure of all the previous owner history, I bought it from a car lot. I've been trying to track down the original owner to see if I can get the scoop. I like the fact that it's not so pristine that I obsess over driving it. I'll still park away from others but with this many miles another chip or ding doesn't really stress me.

Tighteyes

Established Member
VERY AWESOME OWNED MINE 5-6 months BLEW motor at 60k...well didnt blow the motor took it in for clutch work and some rods....opened motor and found Catastrophic failures......Despite throwing a rod the worst inside motor melted pistons. valves destroyed head floor pitted........ The car still started drove and ran strong.........just had some clutch slip...... The clutch going bad saved me a....well it didnt save shit because the entire new motor im building costs more than the car=./

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That is definitely a testament to the build quality of the GT-500. This thread reminded me of the first Terminator to pass 150K miles. Another very well built motor. Motor on!

I do agree if maintained well, these motors really hold up well.

Users who are viewing this thread