Just placed an order for an Ultima RS

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Cool. Where in FL are you? I'm in Wesley Chapel. I also have a 997 gt3 track car and frequent Sebring and going to Daytona beginning of Dec. Not to steal the thread but here a pic of my exocet

That thing looks like a ton of fun. I see they even make an offroad version. Really good pricing too. I'm in the West Palm Beach area.

For that price range it actually isn’t a bad deal. Basically rings in around 120 I assume which is less then many cars it out performs. I’ll be interested to see the build and hear your reviews on it. Definitely a unique car in general let alone the great potential

Performance per dollar with this setup is pretty hard to beat. I haven't seen an Ultima against any of the newer hypercars, but just 12 years ago, an Ultima GTR 720 ran a time roughly 5 seconds quicker than the fastest car at the time, the Koenigsegg CCX on the Top Gear test track:

Sure makes people pissed they spent that much on an ADM’d GT500 right?

Lmao... nicely done OP, this thing is gonna be killer!

Half the weight of the new GT500 and 300 more horsepower is what I'm shooting for.

Last edited:

bullitt2735

Established Member
So cool,the RS model looks fantastic congrats. Can't wait to here your thoughts on it. There is a guy that drives his to cars and coffee every weekend here in portland and he seems to love it. (older model though, looks quite a bit dated compared to the RS, especially the interior)

I'm curious what made you choose the Ultima over something like an RCR SLC? Been debating of getting either of them in the next few years if I tire of the viper.

coposrv

Established Member
Like a Le mans prototype for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
So cool,the RS model looks fantastic congrats. Can't wait to here your thoughts on it. There is a guy that drives his to cars and coffee every weekend here in portland and he seems to love it. (older model though, looks quite a bit dated compared to the RS, especially the interior)

I'm curious what made you choose the Ultima over something like an RCR SLC? Been debating of getting either of them in the next few years if I tire of the viper.

I wish there was someone at our Cars and Coffee that had one. I've never seen an Ultima in person but have looked at them for years online.

I chose the Ultima over the SLC for a few reasons, the most important being the looks. I just simply think it looks better than the SLC. Ultima has also had a huge head start on RCR in the kit car game, plus the racing/McLaren history of Ultima (McLaren used Ultima chassis to test the McLaren F1 drivetrain). The SLC is definitely has its advantages over the Ultima. They're here in the US, there seems to be more information online about them, and that aluminum monocoque chassis is the real deal.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely sweet ride!
I wonder how hard to swap a Cotoye based motor in one?
Subscribing for next year completion.
Congrats!
-J

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Absolutely sweet ride!
I wonder how hard to swap a Cotoye based motor in one?
Subscribing for next year completion.
Congrats!
-J

From a little research, it seems like the Coyote and LS based motors are pretty similar dimensionally (Coyote is a bit wider at the heads I believe), so anything is possible, though I haven't seen anyone attempt it. I'm sure there would be fab work in the motor mounts, a different bellhousing adapter, etc. There are a lot of different SLC builds using different engines... one with a BMW V10 from the E60 M5. I'd like to see an Ultima with a 3 rotor screaming at 10,000rpms.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool, thanks for the insight. As you go through the process, maybe you can ask them directly if they’ve attempted a modern Coyote build.
Ultima TT Coyote sounds tasty to me, but even then TVS Coyote will give huge torque curve also.
I think your choice is the ultimate LS from the ZR1, huge potential in that combo and everything in the aftermarket for support.
I’m not an LS hater, I do like them, just asking on the Coyote.
-J

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Cool, thanks for the insight. As you go through the process, maybe you can ask them directly if they’ve attempted a modern Coyote build.
Ultima TT Coyote sounds tasty to me, but even then TVS Coyote will give huge torque curve also.
I think your choice is the ultimate LS from the ZR1, huge potential in that combo and everything in the aftermarket for support.
I’m not an LS hater, I do like them, just asking on the Coyote.
-J

Oh I'm right there with you. I wish Ford offered the Voodoo 5.2 in crate form so kit builders could get their hands on them. I'll keep my eyes open for any Ultima builds with them.

One guy just posted this to the owner's board on Facebook. Should sound pretty amazing:

49143368243_d98e89b0a3_c.jpg

I'm glad I finally checked out this thread, I was wondering why anyone would post about getting a Nissan Ultima (I'm dumb).

Wouldn't be the first time I've heard it over the past few days in person. "You got rid of the Viper and are getting a Nissan Altima?" o_Oo_Oo_O

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
I wish there was someone at our Cars and Coffee that had one. I've never seen an Ultima in person but have looked at them for years online.

I chose the Ultima over the SLC for a few reasons, the most important being the looks. I just simply think it looks better than the SLC. Ultima has also had a huge head start on RCR in the kit car game, plus the racing/McLaren history of Ultima (McLaren used Ultima chassis to test the McLaren F1 drivetrain). The SLC is definitely has its advantages over the Ultima. They're here in the US, there seems to be more information online about them, and that aluminum monocoque chassis is the real deal.

Who is building the car for you?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
So bad ass. I tried to get my buddy to get one, but he ended up with an NSX, which is cool in its own right. Nothing like a prototype for the street though!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Really can’t wait to see this one.
My dad just retired and is finishing his ‘67 GT500 but the one car he regrets not buying was a trade opportunity for a new ‘05-06 Ford GT in exchange for his ‘67.
We were at Mod Nats and he saw an old Hot Rod mag with this car:
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ford-gt-doppelganger-steroids/
Long story short, it’s one car he’d trade his ‘67 for if he doesn’t use the ‘67 as much as he wants.
Your Ultima RS, this Supelite GT-R and even the Backdraft Cobras bring so many cool options other than OEM for us.

Again, subscribed for future build updates!
It’ll go fast man, congrats.
-J

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Who is building the car for you?

I'm going to build it at home in my garage. There's no welding, paint work, or complex fab to do. Lots of rivets, nuts and bolts, and a wiring harness seem to be the the time consuming bits.

So bad ass. I tried to get my buddy to get one, but he ended up with an NSX, which is cool in its own right. Nothing like a prototype for the street though!

Yeah the Ultima is something that requires a certain type of person. It's unrefined pure race car for the street. Loud, hot, uncomfortable, hard to get in and out of... but almost unlike anything else out there. Definitely a LeMans car for the street.

Really can’t wait to see this one.
My dad just retired and is finishing his ‘67 GT500 but the one car he regrets not buying was a trade opportunity for a new ‘05-06 Ford GT in exchange for his ‘67.
We were at Mod Nats and he saw an old Hot Rod mag with this car:
A Ford GT Doppelganger on Steroids - Hot Rod Network
Long story short, it’s one car he’d trade his ‘67 for if he doesn’t use the ‘67 as much as he wants.
Your Ultima RS, this Supelite GT-R and even the Backdraft Cobras bring so many cool options other than OEM for us.

Again, subscribed for future build updates!
It’ll go fast man, congrats.
-J

Thanks man. I don't know how many videos of the Superformance cars I watched when juggling options as to what to get. Those cars are the closet thing to the real deal. There's a member here who has one on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread