Just picked up my first Fox Body...finally

13BlackGT

Established Member
The rear gears are probably the best bang for the buck on these cars. I still have the 3.08s in my coupe. I'm planning on swapping to 3.55 or 3.73 and changing all the bearings and axles sometime soon. I don't think I'm brave enough to do a 4:10 rear.

With the ratios in the t5z the 4.10s aren’t too bad. 2200 rpm at 65 mph

3.55 or 3.73 works good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt5058

Established Member
My latest attempt to get the exhaust leak sorted didn't work. I have not been able to get the hardware on the driver side to tighten down correctly so thanks to a recommendation from another Fox owner, I stopped by Tractor Supply and picked up some new hardware that hopefully will do the trick.
D20AB9B8-798F-4D57-84C1-350BE117D7CE.jpegBA4AED3A-DC4C-443B-A7D7-5C1058C49C55.jpeg

I ordered a replacement hardware kit from LMR and the bolts are too narrow and too short. The bolt on the far right is one of the bolts from that kit. The others are what I picked up today. Will try to see if I can get this sorted out tomorrow, since the weather is supposed to be semi-decent.
5AD9CB92-D2F1-4E0F-A937-109EF9C5AF1A.jpeg

I finished editing and uploading my latest Vlog on the PCV valve replacement process:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
The rear gears are probably the best bang for the buck on these cars. I still have the 3.08s in my coupe. I'm planning on swapping to 3.55 or 3.73 and changing all the bearings and axles sometime soon. I don't think I'm brave enough to do a 4:10 rear.
Definitely. I've got the rear out of my Saleen now doing new axels, bearings, seals and 3:73's.

matt5058

Established Member
Dealt with a drained battery recently and the trickle charger came to the rescue again.

Still haven’t had time to work on anything else for reasons you’ll see in the end of the latest Vlog. :)

muscleatsrice

Established Member

4.10s all day and don’t look back.

Unless you are going forced induction of course, then they might be a little much.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

matt5058

Established Member
I haven’t had much time to work on the Fox lately but I can’t complain too much since I have a good excuse:
ED41DAD5-9834-4992-B9BA-5484A62F2809.jpeg

Yesterday I found a little bit of time to replace something small - the PCV valve hose:
32D460C6-A0C5-4AB4-84DE-5ECEA498826F.jpeg

It’s hard to see in the photo but the old one had some small cracks in the bends. You can kind of see them in my latest Vlog, which I uploaded yesterday:

My plan for when I get some time in the garage next is to try and properly flush the power steering pump/hoses and if that doesn’t help, consider replacing the pump again. I don’t drive the car a ton but I feel like if I could fix the power steering pump whine, I might drive it a lot more. :)

matt5058

Established Member
I haven't had any time to worry about the power steering lately but did get some time today and managed to find what seemed to be the easiest possible solution to fixing my non-functioning cruise control.

matt5058

Established Member
Haven't updated this or spent much time on any forums the last few months. I had to start going back to the office so I've had a lot less garage time recently. The only "major" development on the Fox Mustang recently was that I confirmed the battery was kaput. A few weeks ago I tried to use it to take my dog to a vet appointment. Stopped at a gas station 5 min down the road from my house and after adding a few gallons of gas, I went to start the car again and it was completely dead. I had a tow truck driver come to the gas station and he was actually able to jump start it with his crazy powerful battery pack thing.
IMG_0612.jpg

I still ended up taking the battery to Auto Zone and they tried to charge but could only get it charged like 70 something percent and said there was a dead cell or something like that. I ended up getting an all new battery and it's been fine the few times I've been able to drive the car. I've added a few random vlogs from the garage to my YouTube channel on the issue. Here's one of the more recent ones:

On a non-Fox body but still car-related note, I actually took delivery of my newest vehicle a few weeks ago:
IMG_1843.jpgIMG_1844.jpgIMG_1855.jpg
IMG_1131.jpg

2023 Hyundai Elantra N - 6 speed manual, 2.0L turbo with 276 HP/289 lb. ft TQ. Front wheel drive but shockingly fun to drive. :D

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on buying the Elantra N. I was at my Genesis dealership last month and saw one. Pretty nice car making decent power.
\

brucesvt

Established Member
Omg small world
One of my favorite YouTubers is on here lol
Can’t wait to see the progress on this project. Happy new year buddy

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Good to see some updates; best of luck with the progression!

(Speaking of Hyundai and Genesis, a few years back I bought a then new 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T. Very fun car and extremely reliable. In 80k+ miles, all I did was oil, brakes and tires… I don’t know why Hyundai ever dropped the car, because it and the 6cyl version were very popular during the years of the production run. Mine handled just as well as a BMW M3, and it was touted as having a stiffer/better suspension and body shell than the M3 too. Having also owned an M3, I can say Hyundai was spot on in the claim, because that car hugged the road in every condition).

Users who are viewing this thread