Just picked up a magnaflow 3" catback

50stangpower

Established Member
Well I wasn't looking for it but came across what I feel was a good deal on a magnaflow 3" catback (over the axle pipes and mufflers). I have long tubes and an offroad H, with electric boss side exit as well. Currently I run the stock axlebacks with resonators added currently. Does anyone know how much louder the magnaflow will be then the stock axleback and resonators?

Coosawjack

Established Member
They will be deeper and pretty loud when you want them to be......unless you got the Race Series......then you'll need earplugs!!:eek:

sleek98

Established Member
Loud AF. I took off a 3" MBRP system and put the stock mufflers back on. It will be deeper but f me it was ear bleeding loud.

fearthesnake

Established Member
With Longtubes and Off Road H pipe already, its going to be much deeper. It will be louder but you are already loud with the H pipe.

50stangpower

Established Member
Hey do you have a link to the boss electric side exits?
shopping

lol, there is no kit per say for my setup. I have long tubes so I took a boss H-pipe and and cut holes in my kooks H-pipe then cut the side exit exhaust off the boss part and welded them up. for the electric cut-out part quick time performance sells a kit but it was like $400. I bought some eBay 1 1/2 (IIRC) electric cutouts and made them work for 1/8 of the cost!

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Okay now I can visualize it a bit more, i really would like cutouts I’m just not sure if they’ve improved since the last time i had them where the motors died constantly and they failed a lot.

50stangpower

Established Member
Okay now I can visualize it a bit more, i really would like cutouts I’m just not sure if they’ve improved since the last time i had them where the motors died constantly and they failed a lot.

my ebay ones have lasted 2 years no issues. I ended up buying the QTP controller and that died on me last fall. So i am in the market for a momentary DC wireless switch to replace the brand name one now.

P.S. I ride around with mine cracked just a little bit and it sounds great. fully open is only good for idling around

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Good to hear they’re working now. The switch is momentary then? Or the valves are slow so you can open it as much or little as you like?

Users who are viewing this thread