Just picked up 1967 Cougar XR7

Damon03Termi

Established Member
I recently bought this 1967 Cougar XR7. Its just a 289 auto car for now. I wanted a car to work on and mess around with. Im 22 now and I had a different 67 cougar when I was 15, unfortunately had to sell that one. Ive had this car for about a month, I drove it home and parked it. Someone took the dash all apart and put everything in the trunk. Quarter panels have been replaced as well as the floor pans. Someone also installed longtubes, Edelbrock intake, Holley carb, air shocks, traction bars and glasspack dumps. I didnt want something super nice so I didnt have to worry about it, I got this for a decent price.
So far all Ive done is replace the valve covers, painted the engine bay black (old paint didnt match the exterior blue at all), relocated and replaced battery, removed all carpet and seats, new reverse light lens, new door locks, currently doing a Wilwood disk brake conversion.
Im still undecided on what wheels to get for it.
Its kind of an oddball car that I dont see around very often.
Well thanks for looking and let me know what you think!
attCaeA.png

dyYN5Fx.png

hMoLhPH.png

MqjU5pU.png

eYjXcRQ.png

mV4UvhS.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That'll be alot of fun! If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for it? Feel free to pm if you'd like.

railroad

Established Member
Nice project car. Looks pretty good body wise. Looks like an ideal candidate for a 408/410 stroker. I will bet it has a 9" axle in it. Lose the wing or find something more original.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I've always loved 67-70 Cougars. You do not see a lot of them. I dig it not big on the spoiler but everything else looks good.

Last edited:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
I've always loved 67-69 Cougars. You do not see a lot of them. I dig it not big on the spoiler but everything else looks good.

You love 1967, 1968 and 1969 Cougars but have no love for the 1970 Cougars? It wasn't until 1971 they got ugly.

OP check out West Coast Classic Cougars for all your new/old/replacement parts. They make a really good led turn signal kit for the now not rare sequential turn signals. And they make an electronic headlight kit that replaces the vacuum system designed by someone with the dexterity of a Chinese gymnast.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You love 1967, 1968 and 1969 Cougars but have no love for the 1970 Cougars? It wasn't until 1971 they got ugly.

OP check out West Coast Classic Cougars for all your new/old/replacement parts. They make a really good led turn signal kit for the now not rare sequential turn signals. And they make an electronic headlight kit that replaces the vacuum system designed by someone with the dexterity of a Chinese gymnast.

Fixed for some reason left out the 70 can't remember the last time I've seen one around here nice catch.

Damon03Termi

Established Member

I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the tip. I definitely want to get rid of the headlight vacuum system.

Very cool! Needs 428 CJ!!
Thanks! I wish! We do have an older boat sitting out back with a 460 Cobra engine in it Ive been eyeing.

Nice pick up.
Thank you!

Could be dope as hell with the right wheels. Lovn it!
Thanks man! Im thinking 16" bullitt wheels or Jegs 761 style.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
My brother bought a 1967 Cougar brand new, metallic green with a black vinyl top. Great car in the day!

Users who are viewing this thread