Just ordered FIPK!!

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Right now i have the snorkal removed and a kandN drop in filter...

will i feel or notice the differnce between the KandN fipk, and just the drop in?

My buddy thinks i wont.!

Let me know fellas!

Marc

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I would say maybe a little, I just put in the FIPK 2 days ago from totally stock setup and the tires want to come loose a bit faster. Throttle response has definantly improved. The part were you drill a hole can be ignored. Looks Awsome!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
I would say maybe a little, I just put in the FIPK 2 days ago from totally stock setup and the tires want to come loose a bit faster. Throttle response has definantly improved. The part were you drill a hole can be ignored. Looks Awsome!

Hey johnsonl... you did disconnect your battery for at least 30 minutes after or during the FIPK installation and then gave your car a few driving cycles for the ECM to learn the new mod, right?

U.M.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Compare the K&N FIPK with the stock with the snokel removed. Which filter is going to get more air into it?

Also, the FIPK gives you the velocity doughnut which allows a larger diameter filter. When you compare side by side your K&N stock to the K&N FIPK filter, you'll know why the K&N FIPK has had reports of up to an additional 30 RWHP with the kit:

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/products/product_display.asp?product_id=1457

Originally posted by combatstang

will i feel or notice the differnce between the KandN fipk, and just the drop in?

My buddy thinks i wont.!

Let me know fellas!

Marc

03Cobra_Poison

Established Member
i noticed. the throttle ups are less labored. You will also notice it sounds meaner. blower whine is louder and i can even here my exhaust a little more. Worth the measly 169.
:beer:

mjtpolice76

Established Member
You must unplug the battery for 30 min to reset the computer to get the full benifit of the mod.

ArtMan

Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang

My buddy thinks i wont.!

Let me know fellas!

Marc

I had the same setup, K&N drop in and no silencer. Put in The K&N FIPK, I couldn't believe the difference. Better throttle response, quicker revs, big SOTP HP gains and tires spinning all over the place. I'm still amazed. Factory air box is really choking the shyt out of these cars.

03_Snake

Established Member
According to the 5.0 Mustang "CAI Shootout" of the May 2003 issue, you should get more than 10 extra ponies with the FIPK over the drop-in with silencer, and MORE if you had the silencer removed!

Here's the numbers for a No-Mod car:
[Edit: OK, so my carefully created columns don't line up - hope you can read it. 03_snake)

CAI RWHP RWTQ
K&N: 9.3 5.5
K&N no silencer 6.3 1.1
FIPK 19.8 7.8

For a Modded car (2.8 pulley, X-pipe, cat-back, chip)

K&N 10.6 7.5
K&N no silencer 9.6 4.9
FIPK 25.6 10.7

"Your actual results may vary..."

Have fun!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread