Just installed a Pro 5.0 shifter.

Silver 03 Cobra

Ordered it from Holcomb Motorsports in NC and got it the next day. It took about 30 minutes to install but I left the inner cover and shifter boot off because I was running out of time. Big mistake. It was cool at first. You can really hear the trans, the road and the exhaust. The trans actually rotates under power, the shifter handle rolls over to one side. But, after the engine heats up it really flows intot he engine compartment. I'll put the boots back on tonight. With them off it really feels like a race car. You feel it and smell it.

I put a Pro 5.0 on my 99 and had it on there for three days before I let a salesman talk me into an 01. I remember it was a bid improvement and very notchy over the 99/01 stock shifter. I put a Steeda on my 01 because Pro 5.0 did not have one at the time for a 3650 trans. It generates a lot of gear noise. The stock shifter on the 03 is a big improvement over the 99/01. But, the 5.0 really makes the shifts a lot more snappier. It does feel a little smoother than my other 5.0 on my 99 Cobra. I could have lived with the stock shifter but i'm addicted to racing on the local track so I hope this will improve my times and keep me from damaging the trans.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Hey silver. Glad to hear you like it. I just ordered mine yesturday, can't wait to put it in.

46stang

Established Member
So does it smash the leather boot around the handle down?? I've seen some shifters that made the boot look smashed from the handle being shorter! Do you have to reach further forward to reach the handle or is it roughly in the same spot as stock? I take it you prefer the pro 50 over the tri-axe?? Sorry for so many questions, it's just i had a tri-axe in my old car, and it was good but i would like to get some input on the pro 50,as i'm not sure which way to go yet:)
Leon

Silver 03 Cobra

46stang, it's not quite as high as stock but it definately doesn't distort it too much. Plus, I use my own custom shifter knob that is a ball with a long shaft machined on it so it will screw down to meet the boot. Most ball shifters leave the thread exposed.

IM000246.jpg

IM000247.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
I installed a Pro 5.0 in mine and I think it has a problem or either I did something wrong. It was fine at first, but now, I think something is loose. It rattles in gear and you can actally move it around in that gear space. Does that sound like something has just come loose?

Chelsea

2003snake

Established Member
remember nelsonsperformance.com has it for $182 to your door!

I posted this about three weeks ago....

hope this helps

J.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003snake
remember nelsonsperformance.com has it for $182 to your door!

I posted this about three weeks ago....

hope this helps

J.
DAMN! That's a good deal! I better copy that link fast!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
snake eyes---like silversnake said, its probably just the two bolts on the handle. On my GT I noticed it would move around alittle in gear, then the bolt came loose and the shifter just flopped over, and laid down flat on the console as I shifted to 4th. It was kinda funny

Users who are viewing this thread