Just had my 2 week old '19 Genesis G70 3.3T ceramic coated! I'm very happy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A good friend of mine is a detailer, and a good one at that. It did help that my Genesis G70 3.3T is only 2 weeks old and has only been driven 3 times so far. ;) He wanted to ceramic coat my car (vs. me doing the regular dealership seal) and I was happy to give him the business. More on that to come! Anyway, we made arrangements for me to drop it off at his house Sunday afternoon, and I picked it up this afternoon. To say I was delighted is an understatement. The finished just plain POPPED! Here's a photo.
upload_2019-5-7_20-25-57.png

He did the body, trim, windows, wheels, and calipers. The entire exterior was stunning; noticeably more gloss than before. He also detailed the interior, which was pretty clean but now it's super clean. He treated my car like it was his own. He drives a Chevy Avalanche and a gorgeous 2010 Camaro SS. After he explained how I should maintain the finish (and wash the car), I asked him for the bill so I could cut him a check. He hands me the invoice for the ceramic coating and detailer spray kit and I looked at him and said, "Tony, where's the labor"? He said "There is no labor. I told you that I wanted to do it for you." I was stunned. I did give him a nice tip! Friends like that are, well, FRIENDS. Great guy.

So I can't wash the car for a week, but I did order a Milwaukee cordless compact blower (no towels will touch the paint, LOL), a battery charger and two 5.0Ah batteries. So I'm ready to go. I've never used a blower to dry a car, but he said I'd be amazed at how quickly the water will disappear, between the ceramic coating and the blower. I'm anxious to try it.

I'm very happy! VERY happy!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
That paint is flawless. The paint color also does a great job, accentuating the lines of the car. Just a really nice machine.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks. I'm happy with it. It looks very close to the Dark Shadow Gray on my old '03 Cobra. I always loved that specific color.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks awesome, what a good friend too. I use a leaf blower on my vehicles, it’s electric but not cordless. I need to look into ceramic coating on my Cobra after a correction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quad

Established Member
Looks awesome, what a good friend too. I use a leaf blower on my vehicles, it’s electric but not cordless. I need to look into ceramic coating on my Cobra after a correction.

Can a color correction and ceramic coating be done on an older car? My Terminator is a little over 15 years old but the paint is still good. I might be interested in that as well if it is feasible.

I don't wash my Cobra with water anymore. I clean it with Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax. I fold a clean micro fiber in quarters and at first just lift the dirt off the car. I only use a quarter once. Then flip in over. You can get 8 uses out of one microfiber with this method. Then I start with another clean cloth. I may use up to 12 cloths per cleaning cycle. Only after the panels are clean do I lightly wipe them down after applying more of the Wash and Wax. It has worked good so far these past few years.

The car gets cleaned after being driven twice or three times. That way the dirt does not build up too much. And it is never taken out in rain or driven on dirty roads. If I encounter a dirty road I turn the car around.

This guy thinks the stuff I use is not ideal.

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks good Bob. Now the stress of keeping it looking like that begins. Remember, you can never go backwards, you have to keep up the look. Haha, just wanted to give you something to stress over. Enjoy it, I love that car!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Can a color correction and ceramic coating be done on an older car? My Terminator is a little over 15 years old but the paint is still good. I might be interested in that as well if it is feasible.

I don't wash my Cobra with water anymore. I clean it with Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax. I fold a clean micro fiber in quarters and at first just lift the dirt off the car. I only use a quarter once. Then flip in over. You can get 8 uses out of one microfiber with this method. Then I start with another clean cloth. I may use up to 12 cloths per cleaning cycle. Only after the panels are clean do I lightly wipe them down after applying more of the Wash and Wax. It has worked good so far these past few years.

The car gets cleaned after being driven twice or three times. That way the dirt does not build up too much. And it is never taken out in rain or driven on dirty roads. If I encounter a dirty road I turn the car around.

This guy thinks the stuff I use is not ideal.

I would think so. Mine just has some light swirls here and there.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good for you!

Hey, what product was used?

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands
The ceramic coating is a Wolfgang product called Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating. The detailing spray I will be using is Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray. It's expensive, but works great.

LOL on the comment that I could swim in the paint. When I saw that photo (taken by my buddy), that was my exact thought.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob, looks great! You wilol love it! Very cool of your guy to do that as well!

@quad yes you can.
Yes, it definitely was cool. I was not expecting that. He absolutely would not take anything for his labor. He grudgingly accepted my generous tip, thankfully. He's an all around great guy, and a great friend.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

ENV²

Established Member
Beautiful! Here's to cars you can swim in lol.

Mine is fully wrapped in xpel and ceramic coated.

What are your plans for the Genesis?
8aa61c44191b05017d29bcd2b6814291.jpg
a3ac30ff9b86688a6ae4f5618d73dd50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread