Just got tuned.. need advice

CPT RR

Established Member
Just recently bought an 03 Redfire cobra basically stock and started modding it.. was tuned by Chris at blow by racing in Boca Raton.. just wanted to get some experienced eyes on to see how the numbers and air/fuel looked.. thanks in advance! Mods are as follows..

-Ignition
Pa performance 130 amp alternator, power wire upgrade, mini torque starter, new battery
-Cooling
Afco heat exchanger, 170 thermostat, lethal performance head cooling
-Engine
JLT intake, 2.8 pulley, ngk tr6 plugs, oil seperator
-Exhaust
Magnaflow cat back

9CAB1A04-4521-42F4-8F4A-92C1BE8F9233.jpeg

428CAC37-7141-498D-B782-F47897F8B593.jpeg

CPT RR

Established Member
I prefer the A/F closer to 11.5. That's just me though. How does it drive?
It seems to run great, but that was my main concern.. I want to make sure the motor is safe as possible.. also, it always runs on 93 octane.. should I get it re tuned? Tweek it some maybe??

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I prefer the A/F closer to 11.5. That's just me though. How does it drive?
I agree with this. The 12 from about 3-5k rpm is a little higher than most would like. Also i wonder what injector and pump duty are at.

patc84

Established Member
go see ken at palm beach dyno.

blow by is def more on the aggressive side tuning wise.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
What's key here is how was the AF monitored on that graph? Is that from a true wideband sensor upstream bunged in the exhaust....or is that a tailpipe sniffer shoved into the tip out back? Tailpipe sniffers will not read the same, I think typically they read leaner.

So, it might truly be lean 12.0 thru the midsection....or, that's a tailpipe reading and the accuracy is in doubt. Best bet....have your own wideband, get a laptop, datalog again, even on the street if you like. Retune, if necessary.....after you uncover true data.

CPT RR

Established Member
What's key here is how was the AF monitored on that graph? Is that from a true wideband sensor upstream bunged in the exhaust....or is that a tailpipe sniffer shoved into the tip out back? Tailpipe sniffers will not read the same, I think typically they read leaner.

So, it might truly be lean 12.0 thru the midsection....or, that's a tailpipe reading and the accuracy is in doubt. Best bet....have your own wideband, get a laptop, datalog again, even on the street if you like. Retune, if necessary.....after you uncover true data.
Roger that

CPT RR

Established Member
I agree with this. The 12 from about 3-5k rpm is a little higher than most would like. Also i wonder what injector and pump duty are at.
Both the injectors as well as the fuel pump were around 75-80% duty.. Stock MAF was pretty bad though, almost pegged.. 960-980 i think was the number he gave me.. does that make sense?

StephenL

Established Member
If you ever are looking for a retune or add parts, Rob @ Palm Beach Dyno is the man. Just got my car off the dyno yesterday and he killed it at 1040whp/928 at 15lbs of boost. Let us know at Lethalperformance.com if we can do anything for you.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
If you ever are looking for a retune or add parts, Rob @ Palm Beach Dyno is the man. Just got my car off the dyno yesterday and he killed it at 1040whp/928 at 15lbs of boost. Let us know at Lethalperformance.com if we can do anything for you.
Do you have a link to info on your car? Would love to read up on it.
Thanks
Ken

Users who are viewing this thread