Just got my Maier Racing subframe connectors installed! (PICS inside)

92stanglx

Established Member
Took a visit to Maier Racing in Hayward CA last week and had them slap on a pair of these dope full length subframe connectors!

Excellent workmanship and some of the best customer service I have had from a shop in a long time. :beer:

Check it out...

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Yeah They use they use the 4 point lift to install them. I took my MM connectors to them to install. I asked them the same question should the car be on drive on lift. they said it doesn't matter, they have installed alot them with no problem. But when they installed my subframe connectors. lowered the car down my car had 1/2 inch gaps where the doors meet the quarter panel. I knew something wasn't right because my car didn't have that much gap before the install. So I had him measure the gap while the car was on the ground and had the subframe connectors cut off. We measured the gap again and this time it closed back to how it use to be. So I got my money back from them and took my car to my buddy's shop and used his drive on lift and welded thenm on myself. So the moral of the story is after what is saw when you use a 4 point lift. I would always recommend to use a drive on lift.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
i've heard any good welder can do it on a 4 point lift

The trick is to spot weld a few spots while it's on the ground and then raise it and apply larger welds.

I would not trust that. I would want mine welded/ tacked with the car on it's weight. I don't think moving it around is a smart idea. It does not matter how good of a welder you are. Doing it on a four point is not the best idea.

prostkr

Established Member
They don't have nearly enough weld. Drive it for a week and let them loosen up, then hit a shop with a drive on lift and have them finish welding them up. You will feel the difference when leaving the parking lot.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Yeah They use they use the 4 point lift to install them. I took my MM connectors to them to install. I asked them the same question should the car be on drive on lift. they said it doesn't matter, they have installed alot them with no problem. But when they installed my subframe connectors. lowered the car down my car had 1/2 inch gaps where the doors meet the quarter panel. I knew something wasn't right because my car didn't have that much gap before the install. So I had him measure the gap while the car was on the ground and had the subframe connectors cut off. We measured the gap again and this time it closed back to how it use to be. So I got my money back from them and took my car to my buddy's shop and used his drive on lift and welded thenm on myself. So the moral of the story is after what is saw when you use a 4 point lift. I would always recommend to use a drive on lift.

I would have been pissed. :mj:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
the mm's have a lot more weld points......BUT, what you did is still better than what it was factory (assuming the correct procedure was followed)

black 10th vert

Established Member
They don't have nearly enough weld. Drive it for a week and let them loosen up, then hit a shop with a drive on lift and have them finish welding them up. You will feel the difference when leaving the parking lot.

I was going to mention that also. It looks to me that the angle brackets along the factory rails are not perimeter welded like they are supposed to be.:??: I would never weld them on anything but a drive on lift. I don't care how much experience the installer has, these bodies are flimsy from the factory (especially verts.), and they WILL deform when raised.

Users who are viewing this thread