Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Short shifting and using neutral when you can will get you some decent gas mileage.

Just wait until premium is over $4 a gallon again. Hah.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Short shifting and using neutral when you can will get you some decent gas mileage.

Just wait until premium is over $4 a gallon again. Hah.

I was basically doing that lol.

It's not a big deal. I was hoping for more. Kinda bragging rights I guess. Hellcat is 13/21.

Last edited:

94vert50

Established Member
Just making sure you burped it via the procedure. I know that was already said several times but it's important. And make sure you never add coolant directly to the overflow tank, especially when the motor is not not completely cold. Always add at the crossover tube.

What was going on in that picture of your crossover tube there? I can't get loosen mine... it's stuck on there. I'm afraid to strip it if i keep trying. Not sure what i should do about it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Survived a road trip.

Looks like I'm getting 10mpg in town and 17mpg highway. Not shocked just a little disappointed. I was hoping for closer to 13/20.

Lots of tire scrubbing on the highway with roads translations. That low life.

Magnaflows and shifter also drone doing 80 in 6th. I'll start looking for replacement cat-back and I believe their was a FAQ on how to quiet the shifter buzz.

Overall I love the car. It's a beast.

Yes, the cure for the shifter buzz is my Shifter Gasket Kit. Well worth the money. Here's the link. Click on the STORE button to order. https://stangshiftergaskets.com/

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I'm betting you did a fair share of WOT pulls during the road trip? all bets are off concerning fuel mileage when you do that! :-D Driving around town out of boost you should be able to see 15 if you have a good tune.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Just making sure you burped it via the procedure. I know that was already said several times but it's important. And make sure you never add coolant directly to the overflow tank, especially when the motor is not not completely cold. Always add at the crossover tube.

What was going on in that picture of your crossover tube there? I can't get loosen mine... it's stuck on there. I'm afraid to strip it if i keep trying. Not sure what i should do about it.

Heat cycle the car don't try to loosen it when cold.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm betting you did a fair share of WOT pulls during the road trip? all bets are off concerning fuel mileage when you do that! :-D Driving around town out of boost you should be able to see 15 if you have a good tune.

Yeah got 14.4 in town with now pulls.

AEM wideband is in. Going to call up Whalen Speed to get the bung welded. I don't trust the splatter happy exhaust shops.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's more like it. You can surely live with 14.4 around town. :)

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Nice car, looks like mine! I don't even check my MPG when I do pulls. However, the car is pretty much stock and I've gotten 23mph all highway. 21 all highway is normal for me. In town I average 15-17 with no pulls.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
So the stereo was driving me nuts. The car has the Ford Mach 1000 system. It sounded ok but the factory head unit holds 6 of those old mini-record things.

I had an Alpine BY unit laying around so I tossed it in. From what I read online that should have actually made it should better, but it didn't.

The sound is now very muffled. I've played with the equalizers and its muffled or very electronic and tinny.

BBD66FD7-BDFD-46DC-B256-1A60B2EC20E5_zpsplohx0vi.jpg

The only thing that could be wrong is the grounds. Looks like there are 4 - Grounds on the car side, so I tied them into the head grounds.

2D130095-1ED1-409B-8C81-B5E508E8ED9F_zpsziumaor3.jpg

I can't live life like this. Now I have to yank a $2,000 stereo system lol. Are the sub enclosures able to support aftermarket 10"ers?

405926E2-046D-48C4-831F-52EC60C4BA73_zpssnzltdah.jpg

Good news is tracking shows Bob's gaskets delivered and even better!

AE9E27D9-3B83-476E-9C19-D593BE6F680B_zpsxhs0xj9v.jpg

Cooling head mod done by the previous owner! Thank you Jesus.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Interesting read.
Glad you figured it out and got it back on the road.
I saw your car a few months ago when it was getting tuned. Was a really nice car. Great find!

Ryan

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting read.
Glad you figured it out and got it back on the road.
I saw your car a few months ago when it was getting tuned. Was a really nice car. Great find!

Ryan

Thank man!

I've been going over it and it's so far been a quality built piece. The only issue was the rear fender trimming. According to Robert, that was done a decade ago when he first had the car and before the mods.

Someone spent money on this sucker.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I didn't think the Mach 1000 was an option on Cobra's? Someone add it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
7D2DD2B1-D30B-4DEB-BC92-671244B9BBC8_zpsuukrh52b.jpg

Gaskets, fancy.

I'll get this in ASAP.

But something odd was going on. When I give the car gas (light acceleration) it now wants to push to the left (driver). When I left off (accelerate or cruise) it also then tugs back and to HR right (passenger).

Otherwise the car drives straight and true.

Is this a drive line problem? It just started doing it today.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

I guess so. I know the 460 was standard.

FC12D7EA-AFCF-40A8-BBC8-209A06EC7F83_zps0omlzyqd.jpg

I've been reading up. I guess the Mach 1000 is the two subs and 6 amps. They are a plug in affair and someone could have just bought them for ~$1,000 from the dealer.

I need to find a good fix cause it sounds awful right now.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
7D2DD2B1-D30B-4DEB-BC92-671244B9BBC8_zpsuukrh52b.jpg

Gaskets, fancy.

I'll get this in ASAP.

But something odd was going on. When I give the car gas (light acceleration) it now wants to push to the left (driver). When I left off (accelerate or cruise) it also then tugs back and to HR right (passenger).

Otherwise the car drives straight and true.

Is this a drive line problem? It just started doing it today.

Caliper sticking or dragging?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member

My 02 GT that I just gave to my 16 year old son has the Mach 1000 stereo in it... Hands-down the most incredible factory stereo I have ever heard. It will cause your spleen to bleed.

Users who are viewing this thread