Just got a new fox body opinions needed

KPatterson

Got the car with the following specs. As a rookie to fox bodies Im looking for advice and opinions. Currently im having trouble starting the car once it warms up and I shut it off. Seems to me its flooding?? After it sits for about 45min it fires right up. judging by the specs of the 770CFM, it seems a bit much for my setup? Any idea what kind of power this motor is puting out? When its running, it runs very strong.

- Racing AOD transmission with wide gear ratio
- forged pistons w/ 10.5:1 compression
- 4340 forged steel crankshaft
- GT-40p heads ported and polished w/ a 3-angle valve job
- 1.6 roller rockers
- All ARP Bolts throughout engine
- E-303 Camshaft
- RPM Air Gap intake
- 770 cfm carburetor (holley street avenger- double barrel, electric choke)
- Mac shorty-Equal length headers
- Mac H-pipe
- Flowmaster 3-series exhaust
- 255 lph fuel pump
- High performance oil pump
- 3-core radiator
- electric fan
- new silicone hoses
- 6-AL ignition
- Racing ignition wires
- New Brake Lines
- New 4-piston caliper breaks in front off a Marc-4 (stops on a dime)
- 3:73 Rear end gears
- All Autometer gauges with custom pod.
- 5" monster Tach with Shift Light
- New Grey Headliner
- New Black Carpet
- New Rockford Frosgate speakers.
- Twin Turbo Hood with 3" cowl
- All new bushings for suspension.

4valvemach

Established Member
Welcome :banana:

Is this a 302,306,331,347 or a 351w motor

Your hot start problem could be a poor ground cable or heat soak of the starter.Most of the time heat soak happens with long tube headers but can do it with shorty headers.

I think a 650cfm carb would be alot better than the one you have on it now.For a guess on your power if its a 302 based engine I would say about 300-350hp at the flywheel.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
TFI modules are also bad to give trouble with a hot motor. The tfi module is part of the distributor with the plugin going to it. Many foxes have failed to start b/c of this. Sounds like you have a good running fox. With an auto with gt40ps and an e-cam, your putting probably 260-280 to the ground max. The carb is oversized for a 306 as you stated. For what you would gain by upgrading heads and cam though (imo e-cams and gt40 heads are 15 years ago) you would be better served building a 347 or tall deck 351w stroker vs doing an upgrade if you are looking for more power.

Users who are viewing this thread