Just got a GT!

aleon

Established Member
Hey guys, I just got a GT for my wife... It's automatic... I know, but she doesn't know how to drive stick. My question is what should be my first steps in getting this thing going. I've got a lightning and the GT feels nothing like it, so I would like to at least get her in the 300 rwhp range. Suggestions anyone? :shrug:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hum. Auto? Ud loss 20% vs the norm of 14 -16% on a stick.
Cheap Mods...Replace the stock Air Box with an after Market CAI. that would be a good 12HP & TQ that u should see $150 - 180.
Also the Stock Air Plenum id saw on the last issue for 150.00 u can get better air into the engine & that was good for about 15HP & TP.

Stock HP on ur GT should be around 210 - 220 on the rear wheels.

For another 150.00 u can get the steeda Timing Adjuster. Advance the timing on the N/A cars & good for some power. Also leaning the A/F can get u some power but that would be replace the Chip.

P.S. If i didnt get the 03Cobra it would of been a nice brick like urs.

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
Originally posted by aleon
Hey guys, I just got a GT for my wife... It's automatic... I know, but she doesn't know how to drive stick. My question is what should be my first steps in getting this thing going. I've got a lightning and the GT feels nothing like it, so I would like to at least get her in the 300 rwhp range. Suggestions anyone? :shrug:
I'm in the same boat with my GT, when I purchased mine it was my primary vehicle so I went with the auto:bash:
Here is a list of my mods: Bassani X, Flowmaster cat back , JDM Superchip, BBK CAI kit, Lightning mass air meter, and coming soon 3:73 rear gears!
Hope this helps!, good luck with your wife's new toy:beer:

aleon

Established Member
Thanks a lot guys! :beer: I was figuring that the gears would need to be changed. I think I'll go with CAI, H-pipe, bassani Catback, and 373 gears. That should make a noticable difference. What kinda changes can I make to the suspension on the GT for tighter handling? please let me know.,... And again, thanks for all your help! :thumbsup:

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
The first chassis/suspension mod you should do is install a set of weld-in subframe connectors. I am using units from Griggs. Stay away from Kenny Brown stuff.

-norcal_cobra

CBudweiserC

Established Member
Get some gears, a 3000k stall converter, and work on the air flow of the car. Intake and exhaust. I made 257rwhp with long tubes, x pipe, cat back and CAI. It's gonna be really hard to get 300rwhp on a N/A car like ours but nothing a nice little charger won't fix. As far as the feel, if you got some gears and a stall it would feel like a whole new car. Good luck with it all. Have fun, that's the best part about owning a car like these. The moddifying part!!! Oh yeah, auto's love low gears. I've got 4.10's in my 5 sp and I love them. The auto's have a higher overdrive too so it won't be that bad. Don't fear the gear.

Stay away from Kenny Brown stuff

What's wrong with their stuff??? I have KB super subs on my car and they work great and fit awesome. Maximum Motorsports is better but KB is still awesome. In the suspension world and chasis braceing, I wouldn't buy anything but MM or KB, that's just my opinion, not trying to start a war. Subframes are a good thing to get though for sure, just don't get the bolt in's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread