Just curious.. Whats the best sounding exhaust on the 11-14?

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I have a 2013 FX4 F150 and plan on doing some longtubes and fabbing a custom tru dual setup with a X pipe.

What exhaust do you guys think sound the best?

Back in the new edge days my O/R X and magnapacks and stingers sounded SICK!

Just out of curiosity. My search function is not working so I am asking this any way :pepper:

Yall have a great weekend now!

Cody

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
All i need is short and sweet cut the bullshit

Is the kooks straight through?

Kooks is straight through. No Bullch!t. :lol1:

It also depends on your plans....

Are you going longtubes, or keeping the stock manifolds.

Are you deleting the cats, installing high flow cats, of keeping the stock cats.

Are you planning to delete the resonators?

Magnaflows

Love the Magnaflow street axlebacks on my car. They sound perfect without resonators or cats.

Last edited:

Masheen365

Established Member
When I had my 2011 F150 all I had was a Cherry Bomb single chamber with a turn down before the axle. I thought it sounded decent.

I personally think the Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback sounds the best on a Coyote Mustang.

I'm pretty sure the header design for the F150 is different than the Mustang. The truck frame gets in the way and requires modifying LTs to fit. Or spending more for the F150 specific from SW or ARH. I wonder if some Kooks Shorties would work out better, that is if you're trying to keep costs down.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I'm going to do the American racing headers.. And make my own x.. Than do a lightning style exit.
Keeping resonator using aero 3030 resonator.
All stainless

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Everyone praises the sound of either Magnaflow Street or Kooks axlebacks. Even without cats or resonators, there is no drone, with a classic muscle car sound.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Everyone praises the sound of either Magnaflow Street or Kooks axlebacks. Even without cats or resonators, there is no drone, and the classic muscle car sound.

Sweet thanks ill check in to both of them.. I might get a discount from the local speed shop. My grandfather painted for Dupont years ago and had a driver discount price.

Ebay and Amazon is tough to beat..

I truly think the lighting style exit will look badass!!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
there are so many options, it's a loaded question. I personally love the SW retro catback,

we have the kooks, stainless works, arh, pypes, and mbrp systems

Users who are viewing this thread