Just bought my first home!

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
So last night a signed a contract for my very first home!! Its a townhome in a great community and i got an awesome deal on it! Being only 20 years old, i am EXTREMELY nervous because i took this purchase all on my own. Things are going to be tight for me this summer but im willing to make some sacrifices because i know a home is an investment and is a place i can build a future around. I was able to get a fixed rate at 4.50%, and was eligible for the Rural Housing Program, which means i dont have to put any money down.

Just thought i would share this this morning because this is a big step in anyone's life :D

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Sorry to hear that, now you will be stuck in DE forever :( you will be in my prayers.

j/k congrats!! buying your first home is very exciting. It will nickle and dime you to death though.

-Mike
p.s. lived in DE for 15 years

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Thanks everyone. I will get pics up as soon as i get the keys to it and all that good stuff. I know my money is going to be tight, so i was kinda bummed that i wouldnt make it to the beach that much this summer but then i remembered, i have a balcony off my bedroom and access to the pool and gym whenever i please...so thats where i will get my sun :)

And i LOVE Delaware. In the winter it is pretty boring to say the least, but i love it here.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
My wife and I bought our first about 3 months ago. She's been watching home improvement crap so now we've redone the bath and bedroom already. :(

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
My wife and I bought our first about 3 months ago. She's been watching home improvement crap so now we've redone the bath and bedroom already. :(

Hahaha aww thats awesome. Your wife sounds like me! I love doing that kind of stuff... but being i bought this by myself, that stuff will have to wait due to the lack of funds.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Congrats on your purchase, now is a good time to invest in real estate. The value of your home can only increase in the next couple years.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Congrats. Where about in Delaware? Don't think I've ever met you or seen your car, gotta be Kent or Sussex County.

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Congrats. Where about in Delaware? Don't think I've ever met you or seen your car, gotta be Kent or Sussex County.

Good Ol' Sussex County. Nothing but chicken houses and Pizza places everywhere. haha. Millsboro is where i bought the home. I only go up to the Newark area when i have to go up there for work and such.

SpectorV

Established Member
congrats, I picked up a house (my first house) about 5 months ago. I didnt buy more than I could afford but I do wish I could refinance lol the rates are now about 2 percent lower :( wont be worth it for me over the long haul to do it now as I wont have this house more than 5 years probably.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Good Ol' Sussex County. Nothing but chicken houses and Pizza places everywhere. haha. Millsboro is where i bought the home. I only go up to the Newark area when i have to go up there for work and such.

Hey at least you're close to OCMD. Even if you do see more John Deere's than Mustangs.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread