Established Member
What should I do to it besides the engine? I don’t want to tear into that yet
IMG_1973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
It’s not stock. Has a snake on the grill and black wheels lol

Gets some chrome cobras and a polished magnaflow cat back if you can find it if you can’t leave it be.

Only mods are what you said, and springs. Compared to a lot on the market that’s almost as stock as you can get in my book. I guess I’ll say almost stock.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
My boss has often talked about selling his, of which I called dibs. Redfire '03 that is stock as the day it rolled off the line, down to the tires. He drives it once or twice a week to work and back, a whopping 11 mile round trip. I think it just ticked over 18k miles.

Nice find OP!

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
My boss has often talked about selling his, of which I called dibs. Redfire '03 that is stock as the day it rolled off the line, down to the tires. He drives it once or twice a week to work and back, a whopping 11 mile round trip. I think it just ticked over 18k miles.

Nice find OP!

Jesus. You better snag that thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it were mine, I'd have NO issue with doing a catback, intake, 2.90/2.93 pulley, idlers and a tune. The enjoyment factor bumping the motor from, say, 375-390rwhp to 440-450rwhp is SO noticeable, and yet it isn't overkill in any way on the street. I totally understand, though, why you might want to leave the motor stock for now. Just saying the car is so much more fun to drive with the minimal/basic mods I listed.

Lowering springs will make a noticeable appearance improvement with the lowered stance.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
If it were mine, I'd have NO issue with doing a catback, intake, 2.90/2.93 pulley, idlers and a tune. The enjoyment factor bumping the motor from, say, 375-390rwhp to 440-450rwhp is SO noticeable, and yet it isn't overkill in any way on the street. I totally understand, though, why you might want to leave the motor stock for now. Just saying the car is so much more fun to drive with the minimal/basic mods I listed.

Lowering springs will make a noticeable appearance improvement with the lowered stance.

With all the cobras that have been tuned, do I still have to put it on the dyno? Or can I do a canned one

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
How many miles are on it? I wouldn't really be afraid to do anything that could be easily reversed if this is some low mile example.

I also wouldn't mess around with canned tunes, drive up to Maryland and talk to Adam at Revolution Automotive when you're ready for a tune, you'll be happy you did. Customer cars are also stored indoors which in my experience is a bit of a rarity.

Good to see you back around!

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
How many miles are on it? I wouldn't really be afraid to do anything that could be easily reversed if this is some low mile example.

I also wouldn't mess around with canned tunes, drive up to Maryland and talk to Adam at Revolution Automotive when you're ready for a tune, you'll be happy you did. Customer cars are also stored indoors which in my experience is a bit of a rarity.

Good to see you back around!

79k. How hard is a dyno on the car mechanically? I’d like to do it but pretty nervous.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
When I bought my 04 it was stock, other than some ugly pin stripe down the side. Today, the motor is still stock. (pulley guard and intake silencer) I told myself I'd probably do exhaust, lower it and wheels. I've done those things but now have an upper pulley and intake sitting in my garage. I buy my cars to drive and enjoy them. If I thought this car would be worth 200k in 40 years I would have kept it stock.

Enjoy the car, whether that means you keep it stock or go gen 3r tvs.

Now, onto your question. :) Twin turbo. /thread

Users who are viewing this thread