Just bought a 2014 SLK with a manual transmission

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
What a bunch of dummies we have on here. She made it clear she did not pay anywhere close to 50k. She probably paid like 37k for it. If she bought a new 5.0 for the same money this would be 10 pages of praise.

Owning a new Mercedes is no doubt a great feeling, congrats.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What a bunch of dummies we have on here. She made it clear she did not pay anywhere close to 50k. She probably paid like 37k for it. If she bought a new 5.0 for the same money this would be 10 pages of praise.

Owning a new Mercedes is no doubt a great feeling, congrats.

So what. No one cares what she paid but looks like you do.

kaz109

Established Member

There is three pages of ppl who care what she paid, it nobody cares like you say the price never would've came up because she sure as hell didn't bring bit up :bash:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Well glad you like it. But you sound like your bragging about how you spent your money. If you really don't care don't talk about it. You sound like snob. Better turn that around real quick cause once this hits smack down its gonna get nasty.

Don't project on me. I could care less what the car cost. Even if she had paid 50k I wouldn't consider that something to brag about. You seem to have some issue with her posting about buying a new SLK. I find this hilarious because you don't mind making your own threads when you buy a new car...

GT500002.jpg

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Don't project on me. I could care less what the car cost. Even if she had paid 50k I wouldn't consider that something to brag about. You seem to have some issue with her posting about buying a new SLK. I find this hilarious because you don't mind making your own threads when you buy a new car...

GT500002.jpg

It is a ford site I thought. Maybe im wrong . Hmmm

Mach828

Established Member
Was about to post up that I can only picture that being a cool car for a woman to drive. Directing it as an insult to the OP's taste, then realized the OP is woman. Nice roadster OP :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
lol, i was going to say, duuuude, that's a girls car... lol. then i saw OP is a girl and was like ok, cool. :lol1:

although they definitely look better than the old slks. my mom's husband bought one about 7 years ago maybe, slk350. he thinks its just the baddest thing lol. he scoffs at vettes :dw: he said he wanted a miata but my mom said no way, that's a "gay mans car" (does NOT sound like my mom but she admitted it lol). and im sitting there thinking, dude your car is way gayer than a miata. lmao!
id rock a miata, and track the hell out of it. no way in hell id buy an slk, unless it was the amg version, and even then, it wouldnt even be on my list.

i do like the Z4 though. that car looks and is great, imo. not that the SLK is bad, its just not for me and just not seem like a guy's car at all.

congrats to OP for getting what you wanted and having good plans on how to use it. im surprised it can be competitive with those numbers. power/weight. can you turn up the boost much? although, im sure youre more in it to have fun with the car then trying to rack up trophies, otherwise you'd be stripping it and putting a cage in it lol. people auto x all kinds of vehicles. first you fall in love with the car you want, then you go play with it. that's how it should be. its like the guys who love their Lightnings and take them out on the road course to have fun with their truck they love. im sure guys are watching going "what is that guy thinking??? he should have bought a miata or an s2000!" lol.

kaz109

Established Member
Don't remember if you covered this or not but OP are you planning on modding? I am curious how much this powerplant can take as I know zero about it

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Don't remember if you covered this or not but OP are you planning on modding? I am curious how much this powerplant can take as I know zero about it

Kind of like the new GM LT motors? :banana: Sorry bud, I had to. It's all in good fun. :-D

kaz109

Established Member
:burnout:
Kind of like the new GM LT motors? :banana: Sorry bud, I had to. It's all in good fun. :-D

Lol..low blow you dick! Hahaha, but to be fair I admitted to not knowing about the LT motor. I think most if not all ppl took my revised ls9 motor out of context. No big deal to me but but your post was well played sir :beer:

jonb347

Established Member
same here, worked on them for a while and they are junk when they start having issues. I was never overly impressed by them especially after I ate an older 250 with my focus st. but to each his own. why not buy a 2015 gt when it comes out for that money?

kaz109

Established Member
Girl driving a manual car? Why isnt she married yet?

Because it seems most guys are so insecure about their pocket book that they only car about how much she paid for it rather than she ordered a car with a MT :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread