Just bought a 2014 SLK with a manual transmission

xenodragon

Established Member
My father-in-law just bought one of these as well. His is a manual. Not sure if it has dynamic handling on it or not. But it has heated neck warmers! He had no more room in his garage for it, so he GAVE me his BMW z4 :)

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Awww. Have some cranberry juice, 2 advil and take a nap, it will help your bloating. Then maybe you can come back and get along.

Just wanted to see if you actually knew what model you were talking about sense your description was like a women that knows nothing about cars ....I guess you just answered my question :poke:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Putting a price to something publicly opens you up to a pissing match IMO. The sticker could have been posted without showing the price tag.

How did you get 550rwhp out of your M6? I like your Aston, very nice car.

Thanks!

I think she was referring to her manual 6 speed ctsv

This

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
There you go. Fixed that whole two paragraph post for you.

I laughed.

So do all Mercedes owners typically claim to be shrinks?

Most of the psychologists I know drive Volvo XCs, Buicks, or Volvos. :/ I know we aren't actually discussing psychology, but it makes clients uncomfortable if you flash money.

Just like an attorney I know that used to be a contractor. He would show up to submit bids in his Porsche and would get absolutely nowhere, so he bought a Toyota pickup and business went up.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
LOL. I'm dying. Okay- so some updates:

Untitled.jpg

The car came in (haven't taken any real pictures of it yet since work has been devouring my life, but have one off my phone) and this thing is actually SO much fun to drive. The turbo lag is annoying.... but that's the curse of MB's 1.8L i4. Aside from that- seriously so much fun and handles like a dream. Gotten a lot of weird looks from people at stoplights when it's 30 degrees and I have the top down, but it actually gets pretty hot in there with all the heaters and such.

Frankly, the price thing- really...? lol At least half of y'all have spent more than that on your car and mods, so why does it matter? I'm not bragging about buying an expensive car, cause Lord knows I'm not paying that much. There's just no need to go out of my way to white out a couple numbers. We're all adults (i think...) and I'm pretty sure we can all not give a crap about how much it cost or didn't cost. I got this as a fun car as I'm not married, have no kids, and no social life. I love it. This thursday, if the weather cooperates, I'm gonna take it out for a shoot. It rained after I got it detailed so it's all nasty again. I forgot just how high maintenance black paint is. Totally worth it.... just saying.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Mod that little thing. Bolt-ons will fix the lag issue. A nice free flowing exhaust and intake with a better tune will pep that thing right up.

Although I find it strange mbz uses a 1.8l, he'll even vw graduated to a 2.0t.

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I think I saw fifth gear review one. They seemed to think it was ok, slightly disconnected and slow, but a decent car. I don't see it as a driver's car or my choice for 50k, but it's not inherently bad.

kaz109

Established Member

Untitled.jpg

The car came in (haven't taken any real pictures of it yet since work has been devouring my life, but have one off my phone) and this thing is actually SO much fun to drive. The turbo lag is annoying.... but that's the curse of MB's 1.8L i4. Aside from that- seriously so much fun and handles like a dream. Gotten a lot of weird looks from people at stoplights when it's 30 degrees and I have the top down, but it actually gets pretty hot in there with all the heaters and such.

Frankly, the price thing- really...? lol At least half of y'all have spent more than that on your car and mods, so why does it matter? I'm not bragging about buying an expensive car, cause Lord knows I'm not paying that much. There's just no need to go out of my way to white out a couple numbers. We're all adults (i think...) and I'm pretty sure we can all not give a crap about how much it cost or didn't cost. I got this as a fun car as I'm not married, have no kids, and no social life. I love it. This thursday, if the weather cooperates, I'm gonna take it out for a shoot. It rained after I got it detailed so it's all nasty again. I forgot just how high maintenance black paint is. Totally worth it.... just saying.

Don't pay any attention to the price comments, it comes from ppl who are insecure about their own pocket book. Glad you are enjoying your new toy and how would you compare it to your last toy?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Untitled.jpg

Well glad you like it. But you sound like your bragging about how you spent your money. If you really don't care don't talk about it. You sound like snob. Better turn that around real quick cause once this hits smack down its gonna get nasty.

kaz109

Established Member
Well glad you like it. But you sound like your bragging about how you spent your money. If you really don't care don't talk about it. You sound like snob. Better turn that around real quick cause once this hits smack down its gonna get nasty.

When did she talk about it? When did she bring it up ? Before the last post that she was just laughing at everybody focusing on that one aspect that was never mentioned by her

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
When did she talk about it? When did she bring it up ? Before the last post that she was just laughing at everybody focusing on that one aspect that was never mentioned by her

:dw::nonono: fail

Users who are viewing this thread