Just bought a 2014 SLK with a manual transmission

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Thats good that you're interested in driving a 3rd pedal car. Don't be that person that is getting his manual mustang converted to an auto because he wife won't learn how to drive a stick.

:lol:

And besides- isn't that a good reason not to let her drive it? Hahaha

kaz109

Established Member
Thats good that you're interested in driving a 3rd pedal car. Don't be that person that is getting his manual mustang converted to an auto because he wife won't learn how to drive a stick.

:lol:

That's half of this site lol....so many threads say " bought an auto so my wife can drive it" its sad :nonono:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
What made you choose a SLK over the competition?

I didn't even know Mercedes still made a manual transmission car. Congrats!

rachelanne4579

Established Member
What made you choose a SLK over the competition?

I didn't even know Mercedes still made a manual transmission car. Congrats!

Well, I work for them so I get a good discount lol. And dealers won't order manual transmissions because they're hard to sell. I'm employee so they know where to find me so I can't back out lol. My manager half threatened my life if I didn't buy it lol.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Well, I work for them so I get a good discount lol. And dealers won't order manual transmissions because they're hard to sell. I'm employee so they know where to find me so I can't back out lol. My manager half threatened my life if I didn't buy it lol.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
3,241 lbs for the manual

holy hell that is heavy for a 4 banger....good luck against a miata, i dont think you stand a chance.

nice car though, good to see people still optioning for standard transmission cars these days. any plans on some AMG monoblock wheels or some later twin spokes?

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I am sure thaley didn't, in know I didn't ....well that took the fun out of it dammit. But u ordered a MT??? You much me my wife's long last twin sister lol...she is the only women I know that would rather drive a MT

My wife loves driving my Cobra. Sometimes I wish she didn't though, lol.

ATTFighter

Established Member
What is the SLK's competition? 135i?

For 50k that SLK only has 200 hp and its heavy. The bmw 135i and Z4 for cheaper have a inline 6 Twin Turbo making 300hp. It would tear the SLK up, I used to have a 135i that thing was quick.

Para81

Established Member
The only Mercedes I would be paying 50k+ for would be one of those Twin Turbo V12 types (used).

One Mercedes that does have my attention right now is the S-Class (2007-08). They've depreciated about 75%, the interior is 1st class.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
LOL, Some people buy a car for reasons other than straight line acceleration. Hell, I just went from a 550 rwhp M6 11 sec racecar to a drop top cruiser that will likely never see a drag strip. If the OP is happy, does anything else matter?

The only thing about mine I wish it had was manual. Otherwise it's exactly how I would have ordered it.

kaz109

Established Member
The only Mercedes I would be paying 50k+ for would be one of those Twin Turbo V12 types (used).

One Mercedes that does have my attention right now is the S-Class (2007-08). They've depreciated about 75%, the interior is 1st class.

One of those V12 twin turbo types??? Lol , sounds like a pampered high maintenance women trying to explain a car lol. Can you been any more vague? There is about 4 different models with that motor

Users who are viewing this thread