Just bought a 2014 Ford Edge Sport

paynecasey

Established Member
Not sure if this is the appropriate section as I haven't logged in since forever.

So we took home a 2014 Edge Sport with pretty much every option but awd and tow hitch. This thing has it all. Comes with 3.7 V6 from Mustang. Six speed auto and little paddle shifters. It's silver exterior.

The Sony 12 speaker system is sweet. Sound comes out clear as a bell as if you were almost their.

The stance feels high but I like it. I'm used to sedans.

Paddle shifter feels muddy and not precision fast. But it beats nothing.

My biggest nag is the lack of aftermarket I'm not seeing online. That and the hesitation when hitting the throttle. I really don't like the 1 1/2 second launch feeling. It's like sorta of smash pedal and then "GO." Would really like to fix the hesitation.

Adding tow package and down the road magniflow exhaust and intake. And roof rack for kayaks.

If anyone knows of companies with lots of performance parts available let me know. I have an itch to scratch.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
We have a 12 Edge Sport. Same color. If you have facebook try looking up a group called Ford edge worldwide. I know Ive read on there where people have tuned them. Ours is staying stock since it's my Wife's daily driver. Also the wheels/tires are heavy as hell. They weigh probably 70 lbs each which doesn't help. Mustang wheels fit on them as well. I picked up a stock 18" set from an s197 to run in winter.

d1136b8ba10a6773b4b4ba44ba0f8143.jpg

Last edited:

paynecasey

Established Member
Thx for the info m. Yes the stock 22's are crazy. It's my wife's as well. I'm daily is still a 09 Altima 2.5s. My goal "right now" is a 2005 911 for my secondary.

Another thing about the Edge is that I'm impressed by its Cornering for such s heavy vehicle. It wants to carve in turns.

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Just sold my '13 Edge w/ 2.0L EB. Very few aftermarket parts. You may find a K&N cold air kit for yours. Just like you, one thing that I hated driving mine was that 1-1.5 second delay when you mash the gas. I don't know if it's just part of drive-by-wire or something programmed to create the delay.

I traded my Edge in for an Explorer Sport, and there is no delay when I hit the gas.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the Sports only came with the 3.5 ecoboost or am I getting confused with the Explorer Sport of the same year?

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I thought the Sports only came with the 3.5 ecoboost or am I getting confused with the Explorer Sport of the same year?

Explorer Sports get 3.5TT EB.

2015+ Edge Sports get the 2.7L TT EB engine and they are actually quicker than the Explorer Sports.

paynecasey

Established Member
I don't I can't post a pic from iOS but my try from laptop later.

And for the other guy. I turned traction control off and that seams to help that throttle lag. Drove from KY to Ft Walton Beach last weekend. Was so much fun.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I've been thinking about picking up a '15-16 Edge Sport in black lately and giving the wife the '15 Accord v6. They're pretty cool looking, comfortable interior, fairly quick, etc. I drive 50 miles a day though so my gas per month will go up quite a bit.

My father-in-law works for Ford so I'm hoping to get into one for a few days to see what the mpg's look like on my weekly route. Seems like you can get about $6,000 off new ones from what I've seen. That 0% for 72 is pretty nice too!

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Our 12 Sport is also getting clear coat failure starting on the 22" wheels. It's behind the spokes and in the corner of the spokes. We purchased it used with only 18k on it so I'm guessing the previous owner ran them in the winter here in PA like a dumbass. The rest of it is vehicle is like brand new. I'm having them powdercoated gloss black this winter. They quoted me 80 bucks a wheel including blasting them.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I don't I can't post a pic from iOS but my try from laptop later.

And for the other guy. I turned traction control off and that seams to help that throttle lag. Drove from KY to Ft Walton Beach last weekend. Was so much fun.

Suite yourself guy, that ain't gonna do squat compared to the pedalmax

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Our 12 Sport is also getting clear coat failure starting on the 22" wheels. It's behind the spokes and in the corner of the spokes. We purchased it used with only 18k on it so I'm guessing the previous owner ran them in the winter here in PA like a dumbass. The rest of it is vehicle is like brand new. I'm having them powdercoated gloss black this winter. They quoted me 80 bucks a wheel including blasting them.

That's a pretty decent deal for powdercoating. The clear coat on most Fords around that time sucked and even to this day, they do. The clear coat on my '12 MKS and wife's '10 Milan are failing and my neighbor is waiting on 4 new wheels for his '15 Fusion.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
how is the ride with the 22s? i just picked up an explorer sport and was thinking of putting 22s on it but am afraid it will ruin the ride. i already feels the road enough on the 20s.

I have a barely used JMS Pedalmax I'll make you a deal on if interested.

http://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-2011-2015-ford-vehicles/

im going to grab the jms boostmax. ive heard really good things about it from other EB owners. how did the pedalmax perform?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
J
I traded my Edge in for an Explorer Sport, and there is no delay when I hit the gas.

there's a slight delay in mine. its not instant like in my harley f150.

That's a pretty decent deal for powdercoating. The clear coat on most Fords around that time sucked and even to this day, they do. The clear coat on my '12 MKS and wife's '10 Milan are failing and my neighbor is waiting on 4 new wheels for his '15 Fusion.

that is a good price on stripping and repowder coating. stripping a wheel alone on the cheap is $20. then prep and reshoot it.
ask them to media blast it. many places dont do this and the powder does not stick as well. even if they have to charge extra...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Grats OP!

Note to self: Didn't realize the crossover SUV Edge is "heavy'

The 22" wheels are nuts, but, the Edge wears them well.

Users who are viewing this thread