Just blew my motor :(

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Tune to blame? Who tuned it? What's done to it? Conditions outside?

I cant say the tune was to blame. To be honest at this point I dont know what couldve been the issue. It was 58 degrees, fresh oil change, just tuned, had a gallon or 2 of race fuel and a 1/4 tank of 93. I was hauling ass which Im probably sure was the reason though Ive hauled ass in many cars and none blew.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Sucks because I just spent a bundle on the tune.

You think you spent a bunch on the tune...........just wait a few months. Going built costs so much more than people realize. All the small shit adds up real quick. Just to replace all of the gaskets that are needed is over $300 my price (10% over cost).:rolleyes:

DMP, JDM, WMS, JLP & MMR all make great motors for our trucks.

I'd offer you my stock short block to get you through for now, but it looks like you'd rather go built.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
You think you spent a bunch on the tune...........just wait a few months. Going built costs so much more than people realize. All the small shit adds up real quick. Just to replace all of the gaskets that are needed is over $300 my price (10% over cost).:rolleyes:

DMP, JDM, WMS, JLP & MMR all make great motors for our trucks.

I'd offer you my stock short block to get you through for now, but it looks like you'd rather go built.

just for the heck of it, how much would you let the stocker go for?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Dude, sorry to hear.... where in Jersey are you? JDM can be expensive, but they do build monster vehicles.... Look into MMR, they seem to be a little more affordable and seem to build quality motors. Thats probably where I'd look first....

oneqkgt

Established Member
you can have the safest tune and beat a motor to death and still have a high aircharge temp depending how much your beating on it.. My friends both blew motors on jdm tune and one jlp tune and it wasnt the tune it was something they did. Bottom line expect it in the back of your mind it may go otherwise these are the wrong trucks to buy. My buddy just put a couple holes in his a few weeks back after i told him make sure that ic pump is running well they raced it 2 times at the track with no intercooler pump. well you seem in good spirits good luck.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Tough decision to make. I don't stay far from JLP but MMR prices look really good. If MMR shipping is reasonable I may go with it but if all in all the price comes out to the same or close to JLP Ill just drop it off. Thx for he help guys. Time to start dumping money into another vehicle again haha.

Users who are viewing this thread