Just back from Dyno

smith876

Established Member
Just got back from my first dyno run ever. What a blast!

Bone stock made 381 at the wheels...that was after a drive of an hour to get to the facility.....and a short cool-down time.

I came in expecting to be in the mid 360 range, but was pleasantly surprised.....I love this car!

Anyone in the Chicago area, went to Speed Inc. Great groop of guys and a good facility. I know there was talk of a dyno day there in the spring, just hope I can get the first round of mods on before then.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Gotta love it. 25 more SAE RWHP then a Z06 yet 15 less HP as rated by the manufacturer.

Nice numbers now get a CAI and exhaust and let it breath.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
Gotta love it. Nice numbers now get a CAI and exhaust and let it breath.

Ditto. Nice stock dyno #s. I still haven't dyno'd mine but have done the CAI & CB and noticed a nice improvement. This summer I will dyno before and after the pulley swap. I can hardly wait!

:rockon:

smith876

Established Member
Thanks Guys! I was really surprised to see into the 380....really didn't expect to be in that range.

Intake and exhaust are next on the list. Leaning toward Bassani cat back along with the K&N FIPK (or maybe the Apten)....but still have a lot of research to do....

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Great #'s. An exhaust and CAI should put you in the 420 range. Gotta love these Terminators.......

03STL

Established Member
What did you pay for it, and what was the story behind the owner selling it so soon.

smith876

Established Member
Originally posted by 03STL
What did you pay for it, and what was the story behind the owner selling it so soon.

I paid just a hair over 25k for it. Dealership had 3 different people on a different days/occasions tell me that the previous owner had just started a business. On the day he initially purchased the Cobra, he also purchased a work van. His business did so well that he had to turn in the cobra (3 months later) and pick up two more work vans.

Of course that's the brief version...but was in great shape and I feel like I got a good deal out of it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by kaboom
You can knock off about 20 hp from using dyno jet.
Smith876, nice numbers. Ain't it fun amazing how much power these things produce? Gotta love it!

Last edited:

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
How much was it to dyno? I have been thinking about paying that place a visit.

Users who are viewing this thread