Just Another New Guy

12boss302

Established Member
Just wanted to check in and see what you guys think of my current build. Had the car for about 5 months now and have been slowly getting it to were I want it to be. First American car build so everything was completely different, easier actually, when compared to German cars. The Shelby is a 2010 and I bought it with 4k miles on it. Got it dyno'd the other day and it made 692/660. So far, this is the mod list:

JLT Intake
66mm LM TB
Brenspeed Cams
Ported Gen 1 TVS w/2.5 Pulley
METCO Aux Idler
72lb Injectors
Bobs LCA
Steeda Panhard w/brace
Ngauge
Vossen Wheels
JBA SS Headers
JBA X-pipe
MBRP 3" exhaust
Barton Short Throw
McLeod RXT clutch
DSS Alum. DS
KB BAP
2-step

Pretty sure thats the jist of it with some things that I'm sure that I am missing. Any suggestions and criticism is welcome. Always been a creeper so I figured that I would finally post something up.

CC59B146-E63D-4EA4-AFC2-46B35891F4CE_zpshlz0f026.jpg

unnamed3_zpsohaiplop.jpg

D3C826D4-BFDA-4F86-84FD-5D4779911F7F_zpsqtz8lxgd.jpg

Last edited:

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Welcome to the family, thats an awesome build.
With almost 700hp I'd say you're doing great :)

You should check out MGW gen 2 shifter, its better than anything out there.

Stetler17

Established Member
How do you like the Brenspeed cams? Sound compared to others? I'm not far from them so it would be a logical choice for cams, but the video on their website doesn't sound very good. I assumed they were the same as one of the other brands, but not sure.

You have a perfect set up for a car that is still streetable and radical at the same time. Well done.

12boss302

Established Member
Welcome.
Who tuned the car ?

The car was tuned by Carl at Dynojet

How do you like the Brenspeed cams? Sound compared to others? I'm not far from them so it would be a logical choice for cams, but the video on their website doesn't sound very good. I assumed they were the same as one of the other brands, but not sure.

You have a perfect set up for a car that is still streetable and radical at the same time. Well done.

I really like the Brenspeed cams. They have a very nice lope to them. They are actually custom ground Comp cams so you can't go wrong with them.

Love the wheels with your car, looks great!

Thanks! The wheel are actually for sale *wink wink*

1st usa car

Established Member
Nice - my 1st USA car too -- I came from a bunch of German cars, M-series, AMG, S.
Since you got cams, you can get an OD crank pulley. Are you running 91 or 93 octane?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
car is really nice.. love Kona blue. Get that thing to the track and see how strong that 700hp is.

12boss302

Established Member
Nice - my 1st USA car too -- I came from a bunch of German cars, M-series, AMG, S.
Since you got cams, you can get an OD crank pulley. Are you running 91 or 93 octane?

This is with 91, I could run 93 with torko but decided that I'll leave it where it is for now. Eventually might get a smaller pulley and under but will see when the time comes.

12boss302

Established Member
Haven't posted in this thread for a while but was wondering what parts you guys would suggest I get next. Doing an install next week wth suspension bits that include UCA w/ mount, frpp springs, camber bolts, bump steer kit, and an AFCO dual exchange HE. Still running the same tune but am getting it cleaned up next week. Anything else that I should be looking at?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Adjustable lower cotrol arms and LCA relo brackets. Get that instant center under the car for much better mechanical grip. Also, adjustable panhard rod so, along with adjust lca's you can dial.in your thrust angle

12boss302

Established Member
Adjustable lower cotrol arms and LCA relo brackets. Get that instant center under the car for much better mechanical grip. Also, adjustable panhard rod so, along with adjust lca's you can dial.in your thrust angle

I've already got LCA's and the relo brackets. As well as sway relo brackets. And a panhard as well!

12boss302

Established Member
I am looking for some tech advice from you guys. So, I haven't done much to the car since I posted it a while ago. Lowered it, got new wheels, and some under hood look-nice bits. I am now considering getting a 10% and am trying to find out if it's going to be viable given that I can only run 91. I do have a BAP and am running 72's. Anyone know if it's a good idea? Also, had anyone installed the LM bypass valve? I tossed it in the other day and it's kind of...weird to me. It's nice to be able to boost low instead of just going 0-100 instantly. I do notice that I have a tad bit of lag with it though. Not super noticeable to others, but to me it feels as if it's about 1/4 second slow if that makes sense. Any thought on that as well?

Users who are viewing this thread