Just a little update... *pics*

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
Just a little update for the hell of it. Got a manlier DD.

I went from this:

10511036255001030.jpg

to this...

IMG_0190.jpg

It's an 03 with the 7.3 diesel. I like it a lot.

And I finally got some Chickenears mats:

IMG_0192.jpg

The quality of these things is amazing. I haven't put in my console yet because I'm not sure if I want to cut my stock seats, or get aftermarket ones.

And here's a dirty pic of the truck:

IMG_0191.jpg

I'm also going to be getting my windows tinted. Any ideas on how dark I should get?

Last edited:

TqMnster

Established Member
I had 18 % in my GTO and it was perfect! Just dark enough to not attract attention (cops) and not light enough to see in. Mainly because I had my kenwood DNX7120 installed :D

Notrace81

Banned
Damn those EXCURSIONS are huge, your local gas/diesel station is going to love you.

I wouldnt go very dark on the tints... Maybe like 20%

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
:dw: Isn't it part of the consideration of a DD to actually help save you money on fuel expenses? :dw:

Nice choice in engines. Do yourself a favor and buy a spare crank sensor and keep a 10mm wrench in the glovebox.

Last edited:

01svtL

Established Member
:dw: Isn't it part of the consideration of a DD to actually help save you money on fuel expenses? :dw:

Nice choice in engines. Do yourself a favor and buy a spare crank sensor and keep a 10mm wrench in the glovebox.

Or to keep miles off of the ride you really like....

THAT was the original reason guys got DD's in the first place, before fuel prices went up. No one remembers those days hahaha

MJG

Established Member
Man I have a friend with the 7.3 Diesel and has 860,000 kms on it!!!! or 535,000 miles

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Or to keep miles off of the ride you really like....

THAT was the original reason guys got DD's in the first place, before fuel prices went up. No one remembers those days hahaha

Not true.

I bought my 93, 99 and 2000 Lightning to keep the miles off of my car.

Spike.jpg

Also at 2 miles to the gallon highway on mixed fuel any of the trucks helped me save on fuel costs. I've had both my 55 and my 57 for over 15 years, way back when 93 octane was $0.80 a gallon.

I also said "part of the consideration", not all of it.

Last edited:

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
Those big things with the 7.3 actually get surprisingly good mileage for its size. My 94 F250 with the 7.3, supercab, dual 18gal tanks, and big ole tires.. got between 18-22mpg freeway consistently.... for 437000 miles before it was sold. All we did was change the oil, and the torque converter 3 times (the first 2 installs were done by someone who was mentally retarded, and just happened to be on meth when he did the job apparently).

Users who are viewing this thread