Just A Few Thoughts.

Ironhand

Banned
Im currectly deployed in OIF and on a really good post, that's also in the middle of no where. I find myself becoming bored easily and since we have arrived here our mission has changed a few times, atleast for me. I signed up to kick ass, take names, and put rounds down range. I am not a freaking security guard and log hours in a tower is not what I wanted to do. I was told that we were gonna do convoy ops into Iraq. But another unit is going to be doing that and we were the contingence plan if the infantry guys couldnt maintain stregth due to losses.

On the brightside of this I was selected to do a specific mission. Only a few of us were tasked out with this job and I was 1 of 10 out of my unit to be selected for this job. This happened almost a week after boots touched ground in country. It's actually more along the lines of what I wanted to do and Im happy with it instead of the BS that was originally slated for my previous unit. The bad part is the time difference back home. It's alittle hard to stay in touch when they're sleeping and your working or vise versa. But this limited contact does allow me to focus more on the task or job at hand and helps me become a better soldier in terms of my focus and were my head is at..

One of the things the Army has is the PNN, Private News Network. :) This is were all the rumors and BS gets stared and sometimes it's really confusing to figure out what the hell is going on. But after a while you learn to sort them out and make heads or tails of it all. One thing I must say is that one of the things my D.I. told me and has always stuck with me is,"Dont believe shit til it happens." And he was right of course.

The best things I like about being deployed is Im saving money, paying bills, and I already have some parts for a badass motor for my return home. So im always looking forward to that. Stay Safe And Kick Ass Gentlemen...

Last edited:

TrevorR90

Banned
Guard duty sucks right? Well I wouldn't know I've been here in Afghanistan for 4 months now and have not logged a minute in a tower. I'm also on a COP in the middle of nowhere, but I'm a medic not an infantryman so yeah... And yeah the PNN lol... Been a while since I last heard of the PNN.

Users who are viewing this thread