Junk yard shopping,

hotcobra03

Established Member
Was at bone yard today ,lots of new stuff,,

Seen 97mark 8

Irs knuckles are the same as ours and that outer tie rod?

Lower arm the same?
I know the upper isnt..

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
What years of the Mark 8 fan and shroud are the ones to upgrade the 03-04 Cobra’s with?

Does Rock Auto or any place offer a new or refurbished Mark 8 fan assembly?

Thanks
Ken

fordmaster302

Established Member
I just did this to my cobra the best year to get is the 97-98 Mark 8's the motor is one speed but it pulls the most cfms from all the years. Its hard to find a new fan that matches the specs of the original I ended up getting mine from the junk yard and its been working great. I am going to be swapping the motor out eventually.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm at boneyard now,,not that I need a housing.

But what's your thoughts on abs sensors ,,are these a unicorn ?
I wouldn't think so. As long as they bolt to the housing the same way as the Cobras do. They're just magnetic pick ups.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Have to look later when home..

There is a 81 capi here,,
well half of 1.

Has good glass all the way around.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Funny this thread came up I went to the one local to the new area I am in and they have a 93 and 97 mark 8 full motor; may be a month or two but I am looking to pull them both as I want a teksid block for myself. What block was in the V-8 panther platform Lincoln’s if anyone knows off hand. They also have a navigator or two with complete engines. Some more rare cars and a complete four eye fox front clip that looked in good condition.

Last edited:

hotcobra03

Established Member
Funny this thread came up I went to the one local to the new area I am in and they have a 93 and 97 mark 8 full motor; may be a month or two but I am looking to pull them both as I want a teksid block for myself. What block was in the V-8 panther platform Lincoln’s if anyone knows off hand. They also have a navigator or two with complete engines. Some more rare cars and a complete four eye fox front clip that looked in good condition.

wckdvnm

Established Member

Was going to use the block if it’s good; having a hard time finding any info on the DOHC motors from the continentals. They use a different bolt pattern for transmission but found little on block material. Probably a waste of time as I have no front wheel drive V-8 project needs.

shurur

Established Member
Was going to use the block if it’s good; having a hard time finding any info on the DOHC motors from the continentals. They use a different bolt pattern for transmission but found little on block material. Probably a waste of time as I have no front wheel drive V-8 project needs.
The mk 8 block is the teksid block with b heads.
Post up on the nasvt Facebook page.
You will get very quick answers!

There are probably some na svt posts floating around on svtp.

Iirc the conts had the c heads and the wap block...correction it was a fwd block.

The panther was a 2v block....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread