Junction City KS 03 Owner looking for Mustang Groups

Big_Torch

Banned
not sure about kc area but in springfield i think there is injected racing, he knows his stuff, hes putting twin 67s, built motor, and a solid axle for badcobra, obviously, he will be tuning it too.

Blue'87GT

Established Member
Hey Stranger (Ron)--Why don't you come up to Boston to see a real Mustang? ;) :burnout:

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Hey I used to live in Junction City........ ( Military) I will be up there in a couple months to visit some friends in Manhattan. I would love to see the cobra if your not busy!!

Last edited:

Ron Stopfer

Established Member
Blue'87GT......I'll take you up on that offer. See you on Feb 6th. Dinner's on you!

Stangd1909.....Please drop in and see me when you get to town. I'm at Exit 301, I-70 (dba: R.C. Kennels Business). We're always glad to see another Mustang owner, and especially military (or former military) folks! Hooah!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
'Nother KS mustang owner checking in. There's a few of us around, mostly GT owners but there are a few Cobras too.

I mostly do Open track events and autoXs with my '99. We've got a great facility to run at in Salina, Ks. Thats not too far from JC. I also run down at Heartland Park fairly often also not too far from JC. Le me know if youre interested in OT or auto X events and Ill get some schedules and info to pass along to you. If anything just come out to see what something other than driving fast in a straight lines all about. :beer:

Ron Stopfer

Established Member
Please send me a schedule. You can write to me at: [email protected]. My wife, one of my son's, and I have all driven at Heartland Park in driving schools hosted by PCA and BMWCCA. Great fun. I want also privileged to drive the Kansas City Speedway when Ford sent out it's first "new" '05 Mustang. Nothing more than 3-4 victory laps, but it was one great experience. Hope to hear from you. Ron Stopfer

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ron,
Very cool, glad to have another mustang corner carver around here locally. There arent many, but that never stops us from having alot of fun. Heartland is going to be a new experience this year with all the work that they've done to the track this off season. I'm hoping to attend a PCA event this year and a few other track events there. Hallett is my favorite track, so Im planning to attend 2-3 events there this year. I had a HPDE planned for the NASA race @ MAM, but the event was cancelled. Maybe, run MAM 1-2 times depending on my schedule. Hastings Motorsports Park is opening this year, Ive tentatively planned on attending one event there with NASA in Oct.
I'll keep you posted on the schedule of events, its alot more fun if there's someone there to run with and another set of hands just in case of trouble.

Here's the link to Salina's SCCA homepage. Our first planned Solo of '06 is late March. The Salina Region Awards Banquet is coming up here in February.
www.salinascca.org

Heartland 06 schedule
I went through HPT's events calendar and here's a list of events. There may be a few events that I missed so post if up you notice a discrepancy. The list includes:

Driven Performance, KC Region Porsche Club of America, KC BMW Club and SCCA National Championship Runoffs schedule's.

Driven Perf. Road Warriors (Wednesday nights)

April 12
April 26

May10

Jun14
Jun28

July12
July26

Aug9
Aug16

KC RPCA Driver's Education

June 2-4

Oct 20-22

KC BMW Club Weekend

Aug 18-19

SCCA National Championship Runoffs Schedule

Oct 2-8 Test Week

Oct 9 Practice

Oct 10-12 Qualifying

Oct 13-15 National Runoffs!!

2006 Hallett High Speed Touring schedule
(weather permitting*)
*February 4th, 2006 includes COMMA 05 year-end banquet

*March 4th, 2006

2006 regular season schedule:

March 25-26

April 22-23

May 27-28

June 24-25

July 22-23

August 26-27

September 23-24

October 28-29

For more info about the HST series, click the link.

http://www.hallettracing.com

Last edited:

Ron Stopfer

Established Member
99COBRA2881. Thanks for all the info. I did the driving skool bit in 96 and 97, but haven't been back since. I'd bought a new BMW M3 and was wringing it out in Topeka, but think I've got the bug out of me since. Might have had something to do with watching people leave perfectly good asphalt and go into agricultural driving through fields, grassed areas, and banging up all four corners out of the last lap against those pretty little concrete barriers. My wife was getting soured on the idea when her instructor had her downshifting just a tad late and she wound up doing plenty of donuts and watching those concrete walls coming within inches of that pretty red paint. But I do like to go out and watch the events. It's all very tantalizing, mesmerizing, taking in all of the senses. The smells of hot oil, rubber, burning clutches. The sounds of the cars roaring around the track. It all makes for a real good day. But, as you know, it's especially good if youre in the driver's seat and are putting the tires to the pavement. I'll try and get to some of these and I'd sure like to meet with you and some of the other folks. By the way, my hat is off to the female drivers at these events. They do pretty darned well, don't they?

Ron Stopfer
03' Sonic Blue Cobra (the best color)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
That's definitely a risk that we all take when we go out on track. I hate to hear about a HPDE car getting smashed up.
As far as spectating goes it wont get much better than Oct 13-15 at the SCCA runoffs.
Ive gotten to run with and watch several female drivers, they run the wheels off the cars. Theres a few that run Solo events each month in Salina and KC LX rips it up at HPT in her GTP.

Users who are viewing this thread