Jonny Motorsports Whipple Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustincsmith

Established Member
I would love to get some feed back from this kit. I have a forged lower end, cammed, port/polished pi head with full bolt ons. My end goal is 550 ish to the wheels. I honestly do not want more because this is a daily driver which rarely sees track time, and i dont want to break stuff non stop. How ever after seeing your post this kit honestly looks like it might be good for my goal. I wonder if the bypass is like kenne bell? I haven't bought that kit because I don't feel like having cylinder 5 issues because of my cams. Sorry i cant give you any input. I just saw your post and i am really liking the looks of this kit and price isn't bad either.

Massie02GT

Established Member
The price isn't bad at all. Only issue I can see so far is limited pulley options as their site says that they are "coming soon." 8-10 psi through this would probably put you somewhere around 4-450 I would assume, depending on other mods. I'm running 10psi in my ProCharger and through my Auto I'm at 400 to the wheels; with full bolt ons. I like this kit because it's another option over a typical KB. I didn't know about the cyl 5 issue with KB and cams.

dustincsmith

Established Member
Yeah I forget who makes them but there is a company making bigger cams specifically for kenne bell 2v's so you don't have the issue. Most people either deal with smaller cams or move the bypass valve. I'm not sure about the pulley option either. I figured it would be same pulleys that guys use on the cobras or even other brand cars. A 2.3 whipple is a 2.3 whipple. I'm sure you can find a pulley to spin it 20 psi. Someone probably makes it.

Last edited:

Massie02GT

Established Member
Bumping this extremely old post. This kit has been out a while now; anyone on here running it? I never did pull my ProCharger, but it’s about to be winter in Ohio, so now is as good of time as any to change things up.

hostile500

Established Member
We installed one of these kits on a friends car earlier this summer. The wait was extremely long. His time frame was 2-6 weeks. At week 10 we were still waiting for it to be shipped. The product is great quality but it was missing some hose and the intercooler cap. We ended up making 425hp. If we were to do it again we would buy the Kenne Bell kit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Massie02GT

Established Member
Thanks! That’s the kind of first hand experience I was looking for. Honestly, for me to switch, I was looking at this kit and the Tork Tech. From the sounds of it, I’ll stick with the Tork Tech kit.

Out of curiosity, what boost level got the car to 425?

hostile500

Established Member
Thanks! That’s the kind of first hand experience I was looking for. Honestly, for me to switch, I was looking at this kit and the Tork Tech. From the sounds of it, I’ll stick with the Tork Tech kit.

Out of curiosity, what boost level got the car to 425?

We were seeing 12lbs on the dyno. It can take more. One of the nice parts of the kit though is the adjustable bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread