Jon Bond Performance

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Anyone ever hear of Jon Bond Performance? I bought a used supercharger off a memeber on here and it was just rebuilt by Jon Bond Performance. I had the blower sent to Bob at Steigmeier for it to be upgraded and now Bob is saying That Jon Bond Performance did not know what they were doing and screwed the bearings up and put the wrong parts in the rebuild. I am just curious if any of you have had an experience with Jon Bond Performance before.

Ironhand

Banned
Send the blower to Posi and he can give you a second opinion.

A friend of mine had his 2.3 Whipple rebuilt by Jon Bond and he didnt drive it much after the rebuild. Not long after he sold the car the blower started making noises again.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I talked with Bob at Steigemeier and he told me that Jon Bond Performance rebuilt the blower with cheap parts as well as incorrect parts. I know that I will never use Jon Bond to rebuild anything! He told me that the blower would be squelling and the bearings would be shot in no time!

Ironhand

Banned
I talked with Bob at Steigemeier and he told me that Jon Bond Performance rebuilt the blower with cheap parts as well as incorrect parts. I know that I will never use Jon Bond to rebuild anything! He told me that the blower would be squelling and the bearings would be shot in no time!

Get a second opinion before you shell out more cash on another rebuild.

Colt .45

Established Member
I purchased a whipple 2.3 that was freshly rebuilt by Jon Bond. After getting it installed, found out that it was making a horrible noise and wasnt put back together correctly. I am grateful that the seller was understanding and I was able to get my money back.
Once I did, bought a brand new one and now I have zero problems.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Get a second opinion before you shell out more cash on another rebuild.
That's an excellent recommendation. Never hurts to get a second opinion on something like this if you can afford the time and maybe the additional shipping cost.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I had them rebuild my 2.6h. 3k No problems so far!

+1! I had him rebuild my 2.3 Whipple, and have had nothing but a positive experience since getting screwed in the initial purchase. Jon rebuilt the entire thing, fixed flaws in the bores, and corrected an issue with the gear drive. Jon has an excellent reputation with many on this site, so hopefully others will see this thread, and comment. I would personally never buy a used blower again after my experience, but certainly not due to Jon Bond. He actually helped me to get out of a very costly purchase mistake, so I have nothing but good to say about him!

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I got pics of the blower and its really in need of being done right. Steggy is rebuilding mine and upgrading it to a stage 6 port from a stage 4.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did Jon ever call Steg? If so, what was the outcome?
What "cheap parts" and what "incorrect parts" were used?
What do the pictures show?

black 10th vert

Established Member
You mean to tell me that Bob Steigemeier is bad mouthing a competitor? Ya don't say?

This was what I was thinking when I read the original post. Not saying Bob doesn't know what he's doing (because he obviously does), but he is definitely known for promoting the fact the he is the only one that does it right when it comes to rebuilding and porting Eatons. It really doesn't matter that it was Jon Bond, because he would have said the same thing if it had been rebuilt by Posi. I can't personally speak to Jon's knowledge with Eaton blowers, but he definitly has a good reputation with KB, and Whipple blowers, so I can't imagine that rebuilding an Eaton is somehow a "black art" compared to the other 2.:shrug:

I found Jon to be very honest when I dealt with him. He disassembled my Whipple, and told me exactly what needed replacing, and recommended that I NOT even replace some of the bearings as they were in great shape, and expensive to replace. Since I didn't want to chance a future failure, I gave him the green light to do them all since he was already "in there". Even with a full re-build and shipping both ways, he was significantly cheaper than Whipple on the rebuild. He also sent back all of the original parts which were replaced. He does warranty his work also. Did you try contacting him about fixing the issue, or are you just going by what Bob said?

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
He rebuilt my 2.3 whipple and did not replace the oil seals. I did not drive the car much before I sold it. The guy who bought my car drove 1500 miles and all of the oil leaked into the motor and it ate the bearings again. He made it right and fixed it for free(even covered shipping) 50/50 on whether I would recommend him

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
You mean to tell me that Bob Steigemeier is bad mouthing a competitor? Ya don't say?

This quote made me lols.

After a thread on another site I will never again send anything or recommend them for any work on anything. Posi's second opinion is better than their first.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
cheap parts

Did Jon ever call Steg? If so, what was the outcome?
What "cheap parts" and what "incorrect parts" were used?
What do the pictures show?

Steggy sent the parts that Jon Bond installed and they were cheap aftermarket parts. It might have worked fine for a while but I was on borrowed time. They used JB weld to mount some of the bearings! They also never replaced any of the seals on the blower. If I were you I would steer way clear of Jon Bond. I have no idea what they do with a whipple or KB but I can tell you that they have no clue when it comes to an Eaton!

black 10th vert

Established Member
He rebuilt my 2.3 whipple and did not replace the oil seals. I did not drive the car much before I sold it. The guy who bought my car drove 1500 miles and all of the oil leaked into the motor and it ate the bearings again. He made it right and fixed it for free(even covered shipping) 50/50 on whether I would recommend him

Did you tell him not to replace anything that seemed fine? I ask because when he tore my Whipple down for inspection, there were a couple of bearings and seals he said were still good, and did not need to be replaced if I wanted to keep the cost down. I told him that since I did not want to pull it off again, that while it was apart, I wanted EVERY replaceable bearing and seal changed, which he did, because he sent back a bag containing all of the original bearings and seals. I only hope that he used high quality parts for the replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread