Joined the TVS club

mdever12

Established Member
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but figured I might as well while I'm waiting to get my car back. 3 weeks ago when I was doing a 3rd gear pull, my belt snapped and the car sat in my garage till this past week. I towed it up to my shop, and after looking at it, turns out my pulley snapped and my pullied eaton seized up.

I figured this was the time to upgrade the blower, so I'm going with the TVS with the boost a pump and 60lb injectors. I still don't know what size pulley I'm going to run. I have stock headers and throttle body, so I figure I should be around 550 whp or right around there. Before I took it into the shop, I ordered some borla stingers so if anyone is interested in a bassani catback pm me. I've read a lot of great things about the TVS and I can't wait to see how big of a difference it makes.

If any TVS guys have suggestions for the pulley size I'm all ears

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Congrats & best of luck with the new TVS! You won't be disappointed!

Will you be running a stock lower? What are your goals?

mdever12

Established Member
Congrats & best of luck with the new TVS! You won't be disappointed!

Will you be running a stock lower? What are your goals?
Thanks Tim! As far as the car, I just want a nice street car that I can take to the strip every once in a while. The car currently has a stock lower on it. I figure that it wouldn't make too much of a difference because won't I be limited by my fuel system? Next summer I plan on adding headers, a single blade throttle body, and probably a return style system.

I wanted to get to 600whp but I think that's stretching it with my current mods

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
if you can afford it go ahead and get the sbtb. the stocker is a huge restriction and I believe you will have to buy a new elbow as well which will cost you more money later. good luck

mdever12

Established Member
if you can afford it go ahead and get the sbtb. the stocker is a huge restriction and I believe you will have to buy a new elbow as well which will cost you more money later. good luck

Thanks! What sbtb would you recommend?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd suggest a 3" upper pulley on 91-93 pump gas. Should make 17-18lbs of boost. I made 576/528 with some belt slip past 6k rpms. Congrats!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As others have stated go ahead and pick up a SBTB. Someone recently dynoed a stock TB and then installed a Accufab. IIRC, he picked up over 20 horsepower from the TB swap alone. The dragon and Accufabs seem to be the most popular combos on the TVS. If you do not plan on running a lot of boost I would stay away from the GT500 combo, people dont seem to make real big gains until they crank the boost up with the GT500 TB. I would say run a 3.0 on pump gas, with your stock manifolds that should put you really close to 18 psi. You will love how the car drives with the new blower on.

mdever12

Established Member
I'm running the accufab and love it..

As others have stated go ahead and pick up a SBTB. Someone recently dynoed a stock TB and then installed a Accufab. IIRC, he picked up over 20 horsepower from the TB swap alone. The dragon and Accufabs seem to be the most popular combos on the TVS. If you do not plan on running a lot of boost I would stay away from the GT500 combo, people dont seem to make real big gains until they crank the boost up with the GT500 TB. I would say run a 3.0 on pump gas, with your stock manifolds that should put you really close to 18 psi. You will love how the car drives with the new blower on.

I'd suggest a 3" upper pulley on 91-93 pump gas. Should make 17-18lbs of boost. I made 576/528 with some belt slip past 6k rpms. Congrats!
Thanks for the input guys :beer:
I think my shop already ordered the blower with the stock tb inlet. However, it looks like the inlet for the accufab is no additional cost so I'm gonna see if they can swap that one out with the inlet for the stock tb. I can't wait to drive it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on going with a TVS. The ranks keep growing. Did your Eaton bind up and snap the belt? Or did the belt snap first? I'm guessing the former.

mdever12

Established Member
Congratulations on going with a TVS. The ranks keep growing. Did your Eaton bind up and snap the belt? Or did the belt snap first? I'm guessing the former.
Thanks! I originally wanted to go with a whipple, but after reading the reviews and listening to my shop, it sounds like the TVS was the right choice. As far as the eaton, I was told that it looked like the eaton went first, and my pulley was cracked right in half...

On a side note Bob, I love your gasket and I'll be ordering a new one very soon...

ModMike1572

Established Member
Definately go with an aftermarket throttle body. I was the one running the stock throttle body, and boost was dropping off and not making power. Went to the accufab single blade and picked up just under 20rwhp to put me right over 600. I'm running the 2.8 upper pulley (19lbs). The 3.0 will put you at about 17lbs.

mdever12

Established Member
Definately go with an aftermarket throttle body. I was the one running the stock throttle body, and boost was dropping off and not making power. Went to the accufab single blade and picked up just under 20rwhp to put me right over 600. I'm running the 2.8 upper pulley (19lbs). The 3.0 will put you at about 17lbs.
Went with the accufab sbtb :beer:
I'd go with either a 3.0 or 3.2 inch pulley ... that should meet your goals! :)
Decided on the 3.0, thanks!

mdever12

Established Member
Figured I'd give you guys an update. I ended up not going with the accufab...i went with the gt500 inlet and tb. Hoping to have the car back this week, will posy up #s when i get them

Users who are viewing this thread