Joined a club that I didn't want to

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Well I figured I'd give the pop~klunk TSB a shot today, since my car does it. I wiggle under the car and what do I see...

Oil all over my diff, exhaust etc.. The gasket squeazed out from the cover, atleast it didn't crack. Right about then I felt really stupid. I'd been having a vibe at low speeds for a while but the dealer blamed my new tires. I'd completely forgotten the other half of the vibe SSM since I'd already had my D/S replaced. I was actually pretty thankful that I found this before my M/Ts showed up.

Oh one more thing for you guys to look for in the endless rattle search. The visor lock thingie in the headliner. Sorry I can't think of a proper name. I actually thought it was my dome light this whole time but it wasn't. And it's a five minute dealer fix if you're inclined to let them do it.

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Well that really sucks. Is the dealer going to take care of it?

What caused the low speed vibe?

03 Red Cobra

Established Member

Oh one more thing for you guys to look for in the endless rattle search. The visor lock thingie in the headliner. Sorry I can't think of a proper name. I actually thought it was my dome light this whole time but it wasn't. And it's a five minute dealer fix if you're inclined to let them do it. [/B]

Exactly what did the dealer do to the visor?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Well that really sucks. Is the dealer going to take care of it?

What caused the low speed vibe?

Yeah they took the car Sat morning but wont start on it until Monday. For now I have my loaner. I still have the low speed vibe and tire balancing hasn't fixed it so far. I'm kind of hoping that when they pull my diff cover they find just cause to replace it as I suspect it is the cause.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Re: Re: Joined a club that I didn't want to

Originally posted by Sonic Blue 2003
Exactly what did the dealer do to the visor?

They pulled my headliner down and re-secured the offending visor keeper. I originally thought it was broke, but they said it was just really loose and vibrating against the roof of the car.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
Did you bring the car in to be repaired with all your current mods still on the car?

Yes, I've never removed a darn thing and they're aware of all my mods at more than one dealership. I'd like to think that I've been so succesful at getting warranty work because I'm an honest person. If I broke it I fix it. If it's a legit claim I'll press the issue and never deal with anyone less than the Service manager.

BTW got the car back today. New rear end seal and gear oil. Drives much smoother now and and internal inspection found no damage. Now I just need to figure out which one of my new tires is bad.....

CuLaTeR

Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
Yes, I've never removed a darn thing and they're aware of all my mods at more than one dealership. I'd like to think that I've been so succesful at getting warranty work because I'm an honest person. If I broke it I fix it. If it's a legit claim I'll press the issue and never deal with anyone less than the Service manager.

BTW got the car back today. New rear end seal and gear oil. Drives much smoother now and and internal inspection found no damage. Now I just need to figure out which one of my new tires is bad.....

Very nice!

stang99

Clutch killer: You da man! Ford should have hired you to do stress testing on the 03's prior to their introduction. But, you have not broken a half shaft. I keep telling myself that the half shafts must be tough if you don't break them. I figure that maybe there are some defective half shafts, sort of like the drive shafts, and these are the ones that break. You did bend the input shaft of the trans and you ate a rear shock and a pile of clutches, so the force was there to snap a half shaft. We missed you at LACR Sunday. The track was sooooo sticky that I think that I killed my clutch!

stang99

I ran 12.8x at 110+ and I was bummed. 60' time just over 2 flat on each run. I am selling my Nittos this Friday and putting the F1's back on the car since I am retiring from drag racing. No sense in beating up the Cobra in a hopeless quest for impossible times.

Originally posted by 03DOHC
How fast did you run Tetge?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I am retiring from drag racing.

How many times will I read this? I swear you retired more times than Sugar Ray. I'll retire........ someday but I plan on using up my MT's before I leave, that's right finally got my class date only 2 more months of Edwards left baby!!!!

Fiveohdean

Established Member
I am selling my Nittos this Friday

SoCalBlk03,

There's no point in trying to talk Tetge out of retiring until after, lets say noon Friday.

Your defintly the founding member of the I've taken my 03 to the dealer more times than I've driven it club. Of course Tetge is a member of the I race/I don't race/I race/my cars stock/I don't race club. I guesss that makes me a member in good standing of the I'm going to run 11's at LACR next time club.:)

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Fiveohdean
I guesss that makes me a member in good standing of the I'm going to run 11's at LACR next time club.:)

Good luck I hope to be flirting with 11's there as well once I get my tires. BTW last time I went Armond ran an 11.5 there. Gotta love the solid axle.... so when are you going to give me the one you have hanging around in your garage? :lol:

stang99

How many times will I read this? I swear you retired more times than Sugar Ray. I'll retire........ someday but I plan on using up my MT's before I leave, that's right finally got my class date only 2 more months of Edwards left baby!!!!

stang99

This time I mean it. Retired for real. Congrats on getting your class date. I guess that you have been behaving up at the base and they are rewarding you for good behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread