John Hughes died

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Hughes died of a heart attack during a morning walk in Manhattan, Michelle Bega said. He was in New York to visit family.

A native of Lansing, Mich., who later moved to suburban Chicago and set much of his work there, Hughes rose from ad writer to comedy writer to silver screen champ with his affectionate and idealized portraits of teens, whether the romantic and sexual insecurity of "Sixteen Candles," or the J.D. Salinger-esque rebellion against conformity in "The Breakfast Club."

Hughes' ensemble comedies helped make stars out of Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Ally Sheedy and many other young performers. He also scripted the phenomenally popular "Home Alone," which made little-known Macaulay Culkin a sensation as the 8-year-old accidentally abandoned by his vacationing family, and wrote or directed such hits as "National Lampoon's Vacation," "Pretty in Pink," "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" and "Uncle Buck."

Director John Hughes Dead at 59 - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment - FOXNews.com

:( RIP. This guy made the funniest movies of the 80's

Uncle Buck
Weird Science
Sixteen Candles
Plains trains and automobiles
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller
Shes having a baby
The Great Outdoors

tvguy

I bet many on this site has yet to see a John Hughes film. Simply too young. Let alone grow up with his films during the 80's. That list is awesome. In it's own way. RIP to a man who made many smile and defined a decade.
PACOTACO

bscarberry

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Ou-iK2_kQ"]YouTube - Dogma John Hughes Scene[/ame]

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
RIP

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I bet many on this site has yet to see a John Hughes film. Simply too young. Let alone grow up with his films during the 80's. That list is awesome. In it's own way. RIP to a man who made many smile and defined a decade.
PACOTACO

May he indeed rest in piece.
And BTW I'm only 21, and I've seen pretty much all of those movies.
Uncle Buck FTW!!!

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I feel like most people would know John Hughes in the young age group with those classics... now if you want to talk about a great old comedian that most young people don't know... Mel Brooks

But then again i'm 23 and know him.

RIP John Hughes

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Only one from the OP's list I haven't seen is "She's Having a Baby", and I was born in '86.

Definately not as popular as his other movies, but still an extremely funny movie. Worth checking out

The rest are money, hell weird science was a personal motivator for me

I remember my older brother renting that when it came to the video store and thinking it was the absolute funniest thing I had ever seen.

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
The Breakfast Club. One of my most favorite movies! Those were the good old days. :rockon: What a shame to die so young of a heart attack.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
My dad did a small "tribute" thing to him, with a Montage of movie quotes and such of his.

He also does a game every morning for local baseball tickets, and today was "Name that John Hughes movie.

My dad is a radio DJ btw.

Users who are viewing this thread