Joey Jordison, founding member of Slipknot, dead at 46

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Bummer. While I'm no audiophile I thought he was a great drummer for Slipknot. Too bad Transverse myelitis ruined that gig for him.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
3 musicians died this week.

Joey Jordanson (Slipknot)
Dusty Hill (ZZ Top)
and the singer for the band, Metal Church

RIP JOEY!
Incredible drummer. Dude would smoke more than half the drummers out there for sure.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
He really was unbelievably talented. Could do things with drums that no one else could or even imaginable to. Even would have a platform where he was strapped in with his drums and it would pivit so he was side ways or level or rotating back and forth.

RIP

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, that's a big loss.
I've seen Slipknot 2 or 3 times and that ****er could jam. I always said the most entertaining part of a Slipknot show (and there's a lot going on on stage during a Slipknot show) was watching the drummers/percussionists. They sometimes play steel drums, or even beer kegs.

Their debut album still holds up. I still rock that mother ****er.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Probably.

I think when Joey was fired maybe he was heading further into drugs than the band was comfortable with. Maybe there was longstanding friction with other members. Maybe they were percieved issues and he got shit canned to keep Slipknot the entity solvent.

But when the truth came out, what was done was done in the interest of the band. Dunno.

All I know is that whenever I hear Eyeless it hits hard as ****.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
You hit it on the head. He was entertaining. Those guys had work ethic. Slipknot put energy and into shows. Especially in the beginning days.

Sure they were always on drugs/drunk and such but they showed up to work and they were entertainment.

They toured non stop day after day. Usually metal bands play terrible live, but those guys were awesome.

Towards the end when joey was forming vimic he was sick and his body was failing but be wanted to play and make music.

I remember watching him live years ago and I just wondered how he could move his arms so fast.

Definitely a loss
Damn, that's a big loss.
I've seen Slipknot 2 or 3 times and that ****er could jam. I always said the most entertaining part of a Slipknot show (and there's a lot going on on stage during a Slipknot show) was watching the drummers/percussionists. They sometimes play steel drums, or even beer kegs.

Their debut album still holds up. I still rock that mother ****er.

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
RIP Joey. Your music has been rockin' me for over 20yrs and will continue to until I check out, myself. No other metal band out there can touch Slipknot.

Users who are viewing this thread