Sulfated Ash
Foam Test
0/20/0
Base Number
FP - COC
FP - PMCC
Pour Point
HTHS

what do you think about this oil? Lake Speed was kind enough to give me the breakdown on the FR20 and a lot of information. Pretty nice guy, and seems to know what he's talking about. I changed to this oil for my pony from the purple dye.

3boydad

Established Member
I'm sorry, I dont know what that means? anyway here is a shot I took of my change today. for the fun of it. Love my GT lot's of mods (bolt on)
Cb8Hn0.jpg

3boydad

Established Member
OP joined today at about 7PM and works for?

that's not fair. I been lurking for a long time If you must know I work for Inland Business as a copier technician. I work on my two mustangs on the weeknd as my hobby. no reason to clown me, I wanted to hear from others on this oil, is that cool?

3boydad

Established Member
I understand, I see some well a lot of arguing constantly. As a mustang lover owning a couple I really wanted to hear from others on here. I know BBR uses this oil in all their cars, and I am curious why more are not. Maybe they are but just don't put it out there. It is spendy, but so is everything worth having on our cars. My S95 has 195k I use mobil 1 full synthetic only cause it's cheap. My S197 only has 50k miles in showroom condition, so I want the best I can get. I have read for months and while I know there is no "best" oil i'm just under the impression this is one of. I am by no means any expert or even knowledgeable on oil. That's why I posted the specs in it's virgin form to see what "experts" may think. I also have AMSoil on my shelf, and paid the 20 bucks to get it cheap, but chose this oil for the time. I have a dodge (wife) I can run the SS AMSoil in as well.

3boydad

Established Member
That link doesn't work for me.

wow it didnt work for me either, sorry about that. here is a couple links to read and see what you think. so far it seems like a solid oil. i have AMSoil i bought that first with the membership but after talking to lake speed, i thought ya know this is formulated for our engines. I do think those guys know what they are doing and the MPAO seems to be not only cutting edge, but the highest quality. not taking away from anything else. I used royal purple, it was alright but after awile i just wan't nuts about the purple dye. I think if i were to run it again i would pay more for the XPR. Im a firm believer in over paying for things like motor oil. I do believe we will get more years from our cars running the best synthetics you can run. I dont think oil is oil, i know some do and i respect that. But it's more fun for me to run the best. Which i also believe to be several oils no one oil is the best, how could it be?

http://www.drivenracingoilsales.com/fr20-synthetic-5w-20/

http://www.drivenracingoil.com/

http://www.stangtv.com/tech-stories/engine/closer-look-drivens-fr50-and-fr20-oil-for-ford-modular-engines/

There is quit a bit of info out there, i believe i stumbled on BBR posting here that's all they run now. And several engine builders only warranty if using this oil. I dont know if i agree with that, but i think it means the stuff works. This was my first fill. I will send in my oil at 3k to blacklab and i will post what the results are.

3boydad

Established Member
oh to add, yes this is made by joe gibbs racing team, but i am pretty positive Nascar uses something like a 0w-5 oil. it's like water. it's meant for the race and nothing more. They dont use sumps either. They say stock car racing but they really are far from stock minus the block but not even the pistons are stock. I love watching Nascar, LOVE IT. However, i believe a lot of money engineering and experience from racing went into making this oil. It is for an everyday driver, but it's not a 25k oil like the SS AMSoil, but honestly i would NEVER run 25 miles in my baby. I dont even like 5k im more of a 3-3500 max. I want my oil clean, fresh and like new. I dont believe any bs about synthetics dont start working until you have some miles on it. That's not even logical. fresh full additives seem ideal. I dont drive my car like i stole it, but i do enjoy my MGW short shift and racing any ricer that dares to rev their engine. Im not super charged but I am tuned pretty tight and happy with my car. Im rambling cause i just love my ponys, sorry about that. My future plans is a 2015 GT500. My 06 GT is a GT500 everything has been swapped and the BEST car of my style in my town hands down and im not even close to done. tell me what you think about the oil. I want to hear your opinions, I have no problem changing to a different oil, I dont care about cats they are cheap enough and i do all my own work, I care about longevity

Users who are viewing this thread