Job Advice

steve99

Established Member
With everyone else asking for advice figured I would join in. Also, anyone in the IT field that can't find a job, plenty of IT jobs in Pittsburgh atm. At least at the Junior level $30-$45k/yr, which with the relatively low cost of housing in the area is not terrible.

Well I currently have a decent position for a very small company but have been applying at a few other places to increase salary and find a company that offers benefits as I currently have none. I have received a few offers so far, but finally received one offer that is where I want it to be and I have until early next week to accept it. Problem is there are two other companies that would be a better fit, as in pay slightly more and within 15 minutes of me rather than the 30-40 minutes the current offer is from. I'm likely to just accept the current offer and then pull away if I receive an offer from one of the others but feel like a douchebag in doing so. I know offers from the other companies are not guaranteed but one went especially well with having a second interview and was told a decision would be made within two weeks. Going to email them to try and expedite their decision but they are a large company so who knows. What would you do?

matab14

pop up and do less....
Established Member
Imo ya gotta keep your options open! Sounds like you have good plan of attack on the manner. I certainly wouldn't pass on the 1st opportunity and put all your eggs in the basket of the other two "potential" offers.....Gotta look out for yourself first. If you receive an offer from else ware and feel it's a better fit than come back to company #1 explain the situation and see if they cant sweeten the deal for ya.....my .02

Users who are viewing this thread