JLT seperator, anyone here using them on a 2013?

Myfast70

Established Member
I'm just wondering if the JLT seperators net the same results as Bob's seperator? I've like the Bob's unit but not the hokey way it looks when installed. I much rather the look of the JLT as it almost looks factory and uses the factory connectors

I'm not knocking the Bob's seperator just wanting a more factory look. If the JLT does not perform as well then I'll ended using Bob's seperator and deal with the looks

Does anyone have a JLT on a 2013 here and what have been your results? I will say that I was pretty damn impressed with BOB's seperator and the amount of oil that it removed in the other thread that's posted.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
JLT is a good piece, and yes an easier install...but the bob's is just as easy and they now sell a firewall bracket, making mounting and install even cleaner, plus you can use your own lines and fittings which ill eventually change. The bob's unit just outperforms the JLT, plain and simple

Myfast70

Established Member
Devious,

Is there factual side by side by side proof that it works better? Have you proved this yourself or just simply going off of a sales pitch? I'm not discounting the fact that it works. But I simply like the installed look of the JLT and I don't want to run my on lines or mount it remotely.

Is there anyone out there that actually has a JLT on their own personal vehicle? What have been your results with it? I want a real world factual answer from someone that actually has one installed and how well it did or didn't work.

I can go to home depot and buy a cheap shit seperator and rig it to work but that's not what I'm after.

Please only reply if you actually have a JLT on your car or switched from a JLT to a Bob's because you proved that it truly works better than a JLT.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
go to the GT500 section, many of those guys have run JLT's and found they dont catch as much oil as the Bob's...or buy both and compare? I went with the one that many recommended :shrug:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^^ Pictures of said mounted oil separators mounted on the cars?

P1010132.jpg

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have the JLT's on both sides and the passenger side had a little less then a ounce and the drivers side had a small amount in it maybe 6-10 drops, car has 1000 miles on it. Hope this helps

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I like this firewall mount. Did you have to purchase the hoses and fittings in addition to the oil separator? They look different than the pictures below.

Yes, that customer ordered the unit with no fittings, and bought his own AN fittings. You can get them via Summit, and Bob's will be stocking them soon too.

If you just want the standard fittings, this is what it will look like : And for a small upcharge I can powder coat these fittings black ($10) Not on my site or Revan for that option, but you can just call in for that option.

DSC03590.jpg

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-bobs-catch-can-firewall-mount-installed.html

And I know comparisons will always happen in this world, but I hate when compared to JLT. It is also a great unit, we just went about our oil separators in different ways. I run a JLT intake on my car and always will. If you go that route I'm sure you will enjoy :beer:

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
I have the jlt air oil separators on both sides. It collects pretty well on the passenger side and nothing on the driver side, this after almost 2000 miles. They look like they belong to the engine bay and it's literally a 20 seconds swap replacement, that's pretty much it.

mullens

Established Member
Devious,

Is there factual side by side by side proof that it works better? Have you proved this yourself or just simply going off of a sales pitch? I'm not discounting the fact that it works. But I simply like the installed look of the JLT and I don't want to run my on lines or mount it remotely.

Is there anyone out there that actually has a JLT on their own personal vehicle? What have been your results with it? I want a real world factual answer from someone that actually has one installed and how well it did or didn't work.

I can go to home depot and buy a cheap shit seperator and rig it to work but that's not what I'm after.

Please only reply if you actually have a JLT on your car or switched from a JLT to a Bob's because you proved that it truly works better than a JLT.

I've had both. Same car, ran the JLT for about a year now the Bob's about 6 months. The Bob's unit collects about 3x more oil than the JLT. Yes the JLT looks better and is easier to install. But I went with function over looks.

mullens

Established Member
is there a firewall mount retrofit kit? I have the standard shock tower mount and would love the firewall mount.

F

PM Steve or Van. They would know. I have the carbon fiber finish and it looks fine where it's at for me.

Myfast70

Established Member
I've had both. Same car, ran the JLT for about a year now the Bob's about 6 months. The Bob's unit collects about 3x more oil than the JLT. Yes the JLT looks better and is easier to install. But I went with function over looks.

This is this response that I was looking for! Thanks for reading my post and replying properly!!

I think I too will go with the Bob's now and just figure something out for the lines that looks more factory.

spazpilot

Established Member
Just saw the install of bob's kit. Drill two holes in the firewall? No thank you. I'll just get moders remorse and trade in the car!

Users who are viewing this thread