JLT Ram Air Intake & SCT X-2 kit ready soon!

Tucker

At JLT we decided to break from the norm with this all new Ram Air Intake for the new 5.4 F-150 trucks.
Until now all cold air intakes were the same old boring 90 degree bend and a filter behind the driver’s side headlight. Not anymore!

We shorted the distance the air needs to travel, got together with SCT for a tune and came up with huge power as a result.

You get a high quality 89mm billet aluminum Mass Air Flow housing, that has been C&C milled to hold your stock MAF sensor, a large JLT heat shied designed to block the radiant heat from the engine at low speed and the HUGE, in your face, S&B life time re-usable filter, shall we say, Corvette LT1 style in front of the throttle body.

We joined forces with the best at SCT to make the perfect power package. The SCT X-2 tuner comes pre-loaded with JLT specific tunes in 87, 91 and 93 octane ratings. With the SCT X-2 tuner you can make 100’s of adjustments for gear and tire changes, shift point changes, check trouble & clear codes and on and on.

At JLT we tested this kit over and over and showed repeated results in the 25-30+ HP gain and an amazing 40-50+ TQ gain at the rear wheels!!!!
Check out the gains at only 3100 RPM, 35+HP and 55+TQ!!
This is power you can feel, take a look.
23892-new-jlt-and-sct-x-2-ram-air-intake-ready-soon-tn_jlt-with-sct-tune.jpg

For those who think your filter needs to be boxed in. Not the case. We data logged many miles with the SCT Live Link software to see just how hot it got under the hood while driving and were superised at the results.
In city traffic we saw IAT temps about 15-20 degrees above ambiant temps and on the highway above 45 we saw consistant temps of only 8-12 degrees above ambiant temps. Not bad at all.
The bottom line is there's a ton of air flow under the hood while driving and more mare air is better then less cool air. THe dyno and driving results prove this.

I have been driving with this on my 04 Screw 4x4 for about 1 year, (yes, we wanted to make sure it was the right set up) and no issues and better MPG. The throttle responce alone is awesome.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, but there's a lot of inof to get out there.
Here's some pics and the dyno sheets. These will be ready the end of the week.

Jay
23891-new-jlt-and-sct-x-2-ram-air-intake-ready-soon-truck-011.jpg

Last edited:

4MuscleMachines

Established Member
Did you guys test with an air intake tube? The reason I ask is that my IAT's would probably be too high here in South TX where the heat gets to 115deg in the summer (even higher when indexed) and I probably need that air box up front.

Tucker

We data logged IAT and in city traffic they were 10-20 degrees above ambiant and at highway speed only 8-10.

115 wow that's hot.
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread